Bladder issue | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder issue Bladder issue

Unread 01-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Bladder issue

Ok so post op 2 days.. Still have slight fever but have noticed no urge to pee. I make myself go.. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Re: Bladder issue

My doctor told me that if my fever was over 100 to call or head to the ER because it could be a sign of infection....so do keep an eye on that. Are you able to urinate when you make yourself go? If yes, your urge not to go is most likely just due to the recent trauma of surgery. If no, then you should call your doctor or head to the ER as it could be a sign of a UTI or something else that needs to get checked out.

As you head through your recovery, the most important thing to remember is that you are going to be your best advocate. Never be afraid to call your and ask what is normal to expect for you.
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:27 AM

I called the doctor and now on percocet because the Norco was keeping me awake and not able to rest. It was actually making me feel worse. I still have the slight fever, clearance on bladder infection, but he thinks Norco is causing me to NOT have the urge to pee. We shall see. It has been over 24 hours since I had Norco..
I feel like because I had the Di Vinci done..I should be feeling better because I did not have an incision but I can tell you that I am swollen bloated and feeling not quite up to much. I still am trying to wrap it around my lil brain that I have no uterus, cervix, ovaries or tubes. It still all doesnt seem real to me.
Well I guess this is just another part of the journey right? Thanks for the advice and listening..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2013, 08:39 AM

Yes, it is part of the journey. You are very early in your recovery still. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:49 AM

It took about 3 weeks for my bladder to settle down. Like you, I had no urge to pee and would go when I noticed an increase in pain and think, oh, when did I pee last! It did pass. I also couldn't feel myself peeing either- quite surreal to hear it but not feel it. All of it was from the trauma of the surgery and catheter. All is back to normal now!
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:56 AM

Thankful that I have this page...NO ONE around me has gone thru this nor understand what it is like. I hear oh I have a friend who had one and they said blah blah blah but that is not the same. I am trying to prepare myself to not expect much yet because a teacher at my daughters school said after a week she felt better..But she did not have the emotional issues nor did she have EVERYTHING taken out. I am learning that I have to cry to get thru this but dont wanna cry alone...that just makes it worse
Unread 02-01-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmielke5 View Post
I am learning that I have to cry to get thru this but dont wanna cry alone...that just makes it worse
If you need to cry, then go ahead and cry with your sisters here!!! I for at least a month after my hyster. I cried when I was sad and emotional but also when I was happy, and for just no reason at all!! I visited the Aching Hearts forum quite a bit during my early weeks and it helped a lot! Click here to check it out.

No matter how the surgery was performed, a hysterectomy is a hysterectomy and recovery takes a long time. Try not to compare your recovery with anyone else. I know that's hard to do, my bosses wife had the same surgery (well hyster, not endo removal), from the same doctor about a month before I was scheduled and she was back to work week 3. I couldn't return full time until week 6, but our end results were the same....healthier bodies!!

in there!!
Unread 02-01-2013, 02:11 PM

I'm having the same problem. I don't have any problems with peeing but I have no urge. My doctor said this is normal and will go away.

I try to remind myself to pee every couple of hours and if I notice that my abdomen is uncomfortable I try to pee then too.
Unread 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM

I'm only one day post-op and have already figured out the only way I know us because I get intense cramps. I'm just going every couple of hours just to be safe and avoid pain or a uti.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register