June 6th is the day - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

June 6th is the day June 6th is the day

Unread 05-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Re: June 6th is the day

BonnieClyde88,

You will do fine and it will be over before you know it. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I have a vaginal cuff in place of my cervix. All else will be fine once you heal inside. Your doctor will tell you when you are ready for everything. It will all work out and you will be good as new in no time.
Trust God, who wants only the best for you. He will be with you and your surgeon in the OR, directing everything.

I would certainly like to be your friend.

I had my 3 month check up this AM and had a good report of healing and being where I am supposed to be. That was a relief since I had endometrial cancer, stage 1A; grade 1. I'm fortunate I didn't need radiation nor chemo.
Let us all know how you're doing as soon as you feel like it.
Good luck and prayers also to Shawntae72, tkwatson, Ringosstr and Siamesecatlover. I know this is a scary time for all of you, but put your trust in God and try to remain calm. "What time I am afraid, I will trust in God". You will feel better when it's all over and you can then begin your recovey. I was scared, too, but have done well and would do it all over again. It gave me great peace of mind when it was over. My heart goes out to all of you. Please let us sisters know how you're doing after your surgeries. We CARE!!!
Hugs and Best Wishes to ALL of you,
Over the Moon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2012, 02:28 PM

Best of luck to you, too. My pre-op testing & appointment is also the 31st.
Unread 05-29-2012, 02:31 PM

Thanks for all of your replies!! It feels good to know i am not alone when i am feeling like total crap recoverinf i will know theres a few of you going through it the exact same time xoxoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieClyde88 View Post
Thanks for all of your replies!! It feels good to know i am not alone when i am feeling like total crap recoverinf i will know theres a few of you going through it the exact same time xoxoxo
Haha yep! We'll be suffering together for a short while, but hopefully pain free-long term in a short while!
Unread 05-29-2012, 04:20 PM

Bonnie.... My surgery is also very close to yours its june 8th im having a TAH/SAH.. I'm not sure about the whole cervix thing either... I would be more than happy to be your friend... I am so nervous about mine as well and do find it a lot easier to have people to talk to that have been where I am or are going through this with me... This site was a great thing to stumble across during all my research about the hyst. I have learned a lot of things on here from many different women. I wish you the best of luck for your surgery and recovery.
Unread 05-29-2012, 04:51 PM

BonnieClyde88,
Hi. My surgery is the same day as yours. I am 36 and I have 3 children and a very loving DH. My pre-op is May 31st. I too have a gazzilion questions for my gyn. Here is a few:
-How will you know if my ovaries are good enough to keep or bad enough to remove?
-Incontinence questions and concerns
-Will I still need annual paps?
-What kind of pain meds and procedure for refill if needed? (I don't want to be kept waiting like some of the women on here had when they really needed them)
-How long after can I get into lake or beach?
These are just a small portion of what I will be asking. I have so many more that I know I should have already asked but will ask them on Thursday.
This has been a wonderful support group for me and I have learned so much from these wonderful ladies already. Let's keep in touch. We will be at the castle on the same day. I'm sending bunches of prayers your way.
Unread 05-29-2012, 05:00 PM

siamesecatlover, Ringosstr, scaredneedhelp,
Good luck to you ladies. We are all around the same time. Prayers, prayers and more prayers. I can't wait to be on the other side. The gas thing is the scariest part to me.
Unread 05-29-2012, 05:38 PM

Dear Lydia,
All of it is scary to me. I read Gas-X & Colace is what to get before our surgery.
Best of luck to you.
Terri
Unread 05-29-2012, 05:58 PM

Thanks Terri,
Me to. Aaaaaaah! I'm getting so nervous and I know the worst hasn't come yet. Who knows, maybe I will get so worked up and then this sedating calmness will come over me right before surgery. Haha. Im hopeful. I went and bought gas-x. I just put colace on my groc list. Lol. Thanks for letting me know. I stocked up on toilet tissue, paper towels, cottonelle wipes, hand soap, water and all the necessary items and I know I'm forgetting something. Best of luck to you to. Let's keep each other posted
Unread 05-29-2012, 06:26 PM

Best of luck to you also Lydia Thank you.. Hope to hear from you on the other side... Lol although by the time you are awake enough to even think about maybe posting i'll be heading in for mine lol... But best wishes to you for a speedy and smooth recovery

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register