Hoping for the best | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hoping for the best Hoping for the best

Unread 12-15-2014, 11:54 AM
Hoping for the best

Well it's Monday now and I came home Saturday afternoon after my overnight stay in the hospital. I can't believe how tired I am. It's nicer out today so I took a walk down the driveway to get the mail after my afternoon pain medicine kicked in. It was nice to be outside for a minute or two but now I have breakthrough pain again. I can't seem to figure out where that fine line is between healthy movement and over-doing it. Still waiting for my pathology to come back too. The doctor didn't know what was wrong with my uterus, just that it needed to come out. Feeling nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Re: Hoping for the best

Gah! Rest! Just sit or lay around. Trust me, your body will thank you! I would really try to give it a couple weeks before trying to do any walking. It is so easy to overdo it. I am 5 weeks post op and I still feel it if I do too much and I have been back to work since 3 weeks post. Seriously, don't do anything more than necessary! My orders! Lol
Unread 12-15-2014, 01:12 PM

Happy to hear your surgery went well. I remember moving pretty slowly and being tired for the first week. Each day will be a little better. When I wasn't sleeping I would try to get up once a hour to have a little walk in the hallways. Nothing major just enough to keep things moving. I also had a few brief outings. Good luck with your healing journey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2014, 05:15 PM

You are still early. There will be phases of recovery. For many of us it seemed just when on pain would stop another one somewhere else would show up. It does get better. Just give yourself time. Remember: you have one chance to heal right.

As for walking, yes right now I would limit to walking in the house or if you want fresh air (which I don't blame you), just walk out the door and enjoy it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register