4 months post op and UGH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 months post op and UGH 4 months post op and UGH

Unread 12-08-2009, 06:44 PM
4 months post op and UGH

I had a LAVH keeping both ovaries on 8-5-09 and did really well after. I thought at first the hot flashes, night sweats, sleepless nights and weight gain was normal and would stop...well 4 months and 27lbs later i'm still having the night sweats, hot flashes, sleepless nights and gaining weight no matter what i do!!

I've been to 2 differant doctors and they say it's all normal...i'm not buying it!!

Help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Re: 4 months post op and UGH

Have they checked your hormone levels?? Its a simple little blood test. Maybe ask to get that done, if your current doc wont then go see someone else. I was concerened that mine had shut down, I had to switch docs but got it done. Keep us posted
Unread 12-08-2009, 11:45 PM

I've heard of some women's ovaries taking up to 3 months on here, but that's just what I've seen, not what I've experienced myself. I've also seen on here that sometimes the hyst. can cause the ovaries to shut down a bit earlier than they would have. You might want to do a search on ovary/ovaries shut down or something and maybe get more info. Sorry I couldn't help much.

Also, there's always that second opinion if you feel your doc. isn't listening. Don't know if that applies or if you think it's to that point yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2009, 06:30 AM

I agree about the hormone test and other things sd about the hormones. But like I sd in another post....just b/c the blood work comes back and says...everything is FINE....not always the case. I had a hormone test before the decision to have the hyst, was even considered. Everything came back "normal", so they first put me on BC...didn't do anything but make me sick, that was a well recommed obgyn...who told me the only reason I was bleeding 3 weeks a mth..was b/c I was fat. Now, I am heavy, yeah, but no where near that "fat" to affect body in that way. So, back to my FP, he suggested Prempro, in just a few days, I felt better than what I had in years. It felt great to feel "normal" again. But I asked him to just humor me...if you all are saying that everything is "normal" why are you putting me on hormones to level me out?????? He explained that if and only if, something shows up on hormone/bloodwork, that hormone has to be way out of whack. He explained there is so much more than blood test for hormones. He explained, that although your levels may be right, doesn't necessarily mean your body is preceiving them correctly and so on and so. Made sense to me...I love my FP..he is great! Long story short..well, maybe not short, LOL, but if you won't find a doc that will help you...find one that will. Ask them to do a hormone, cbc, and oh..a thyroid test...very well could be your thyroid. I can't remember which, a low or high, makes us gain wght, but I have heard many women have trouble after a hyst.
Although, I am not a fan, and doc says their is really no such thing as "natural" hormones, you can buy them just about anywhere. Maybe even try one of those and see if they help at all...I don't know....just throwing that out there. I think most docs will let you try a hormone if you think it will help. I feel for you and really hope things turn around and you are able to get your life back on track. Hugs and best wishes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register