Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

Unread 08-20-2017, 08:46 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

Thank you so much Mesad for this motivating story! My own experience is congruent with yours- I was in so much pain in the beginning from all the trapped gas but once I started walking and walking and walking, eating foods like greens and prune juice and fiber cereal, I felt a million times better. I'm on my third day post-op, only taking ibuprofen 600 and feeling pretty good. I put on my Fitbit and I was at over 6,000 steps today. However, any bending, lifting, or pressure to my stomach feels really uncomfortable. My nurse told me the same thing you did- the more you walk the sooner you will recover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNoey View Post
Emaroo77,

I hope you've checked with your doctor about the nausea and painful bowel movements? There should be something they can do to make this easier for you, I hope. I hope you find relief.
Hi - had my surgery July 31 but reading other posts tonight. Have you tried drinking warm lemon water or warm prune juice for easier BMs? Also cooked green veggies like spinach or brussel sprouts with lots of water (32 ounces) may help. Just a thought.
Unread 08-20-2017, 08:58 PM

Hi - I was fine in hospital but once home, I was nauseous for 5 days, lost 19# including 8# gained in hospital overnight from surgery, and was very weak. Ate 1/4 slices of toast w jelly and sipped G2 gatorade every hour. Had 4 oz high protein ensure couple times a day. Then got broth and rice down. All of a sudden overnight, I woke up craving beef chop suey. I ate a half cup every couple hours for a day and then was fine although ate small portions at a time, slowly, for next couple days. It took 2 weeks ti kee water down. It does get better!
Unread 08-20-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrAm View Post
My lower back hurts but I feel pretty well. I'm walking around a lot during the day. My drugs keep me sleepy. I have a feeling the pressure I'm feeling is from not having a BM yet. I'm worried about that!!
I experienced the same. My lower back just started bothering me today. I had a lot rumbling in tummy...not sure how to explain the sensation. Had a BM today after struggling all day...life changing lol
Unread 08-21-2017, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanya0525 View Post
I experienced the same. My lower back just started bothering me today. I had a lot rumbling in tummy...not sure how to explain the sensation. Had a BM today after struggling all day...life changing lol
I feel exactly the same. I had my TAH on Friday morning, and since Saturday night- my lower back is excruciatingly painful. I am having rumbling in my tummy as well and pressure sensations of having to execute a BM but no luck. for back pain? I am still taking percocet every 6 hours for the pain
Unread 08-21-2017, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrAm View Post
I am 3 days post op and I feel like I could do a lot more than I am. I have a very hard time staying down, and not having the high levels of pain and discomfort I was expecting, I just want to get back to normal. I know I need to. But I just feel like I'm ok.
I am also postop day 3 and really tired of being on my back to sleep. I feel it could be why I am having so much pain. Also, is anyone having constant dull headaches? Ive had one since yesterday afternoon not going away
Unread 08-21-2017, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelik View Post
I hear you about the Percocet. My plan is to take them until I feel better.
Godspeed...
I hear you! I am planning on continuing my pain meds till I am confident enough and feel better as well. But it wasn't as bad as I thought for sure! Any suggestions what is everyone doing to keep busy besides cellphones and reading?
Unread 08-21-2017, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze2017 View Post
Hello all,

I had my TVH on August 14th and it's been sort of up and down. I was out of the hospital after one night but I am pretty sure I should have stayed until I could actually empty my bladder. I had such a hard time peeing when I got home. Then the constipation was so bad I had to go back to my doctor 2 days ago. Thankfully he fixed me up but now the gas! It's painful.

I have not really taken any pain medication for the last few days but boy o boy is my belly swollen. Other than that I am up and about but being careful to not lift. I am a pretty impatient person when it comes to doing nothing so that has been really hard. Boredom is going to be my issue over the next few weeks but I look forward to the day I can once again hit the gym

Take care Sisters
Oh yes the boredom...
Unread 08-21-2017, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobelighter View Post
I felt the same way so I went to my sisters house (2 minutes away) and just laying down on her coach was a change enough for me. Yes same position but different environment made all the difference.
I am glad you mentioned this. I think this is my actual only concern right now- besides the no BM yet
Unread 08-21-2017, 03:32 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABWT27 View Post
I hear you! I am planning on continuing my pain meds till I am confident enough and feel better as well. But it wasn't as bad as I thought for sure! Any suggestions what is everyone doing to keep busy besides cellphones and reading?
I'm crocheting hats for kids with cancer. I'm also reorganizing my Pinterest?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register