TAH Got an issue? Here's a tissue! Well call me Ms. Kleenex!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got an issue? Here's a tissue! Well call me Ms. Kleenex!! Got an issue? Here's a tissue! Well call me Ms. Kleenex!!

Unread 11-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Got an issue? Here's a tissue! Well call me Ms. Kleenex!!

Hi Sisters, well I am about to cry, am not doing well in all aspects of my life. I am grateful everyday for the success of my surgery, and that it was not ovarian cancer as was suspected, however, life is not good...I am in debt up to my eyeballs, my family is not supportive, went back to work (midnights RN) and now my boss is sending me crappy emails about a patient that was confused, who told her I left her in post-op pain all night?! Never ever have I done that, am a great nurse, and esp with what I just went thru, really?! Lousy job is what I have, to be quite honest, I would love to work at another hospital but afraid to start over after 5yrs here. My landlord is threatening eviction, I am 1300 bucks in the hole with rent, even tho this house is falling apart!! I haven't heard from my S/O in a few days, he has really backed off as far as help goes. Have 3 grown children, one of whom I have not heard from since before the surgery, the other has her own issues, and my middle son is 'fed up' with helping me, says I should work extra shifts to get back on track!! I feel like achy, no energy, and even went as far as to get a puppy to at least have something to anchor me in to the world, but she is a beautiful disaster!! I love her so much, and she loves me (prob the only one who does) but its hard work training a 4mo old lab/husky mix by myself...just had to vent, the surgery went well, the incision finally healed, but I am feeling so very overwhelmed here, and want out very badly.....any advice? If not, thanks anyway, I am getting used to feeling alone in the whole mess. :-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Re: Got an issue? Here's a tissue! Well call me Ms. Kleenex!!

You are not alone here. This is a great place to vent your frustrations. I too have family members that are more concerned about themselves and we are the ones to help them out. Try to get in touch with the missing child and SO. You need to know what is going on with the SO regardless of how much help he is.
I'm sorry your boss is making life so difficult. Save her e-mails and research the medical records for that day to try to find out what is going on. I had this happen to me when I was a CNA years ago, it really was a nightmare.
Puppies are a handful, but a little easier if you can crate train them and they take a little while. Our last pup took about 6 months, but then a lightbulb went off over his head and he is fabulous.
I would also try to talk to your landlord about your past due rent and figure out how you can make that happen.

I know this surgery has a lot more to it than having your tonsils taken out. Financially, Physically, and Emotionally for you and your loved ones.

HUGS SISTER...This too shall pass with a little time. You will make it and be on with the next chapter whatever that may be. In the meantime you can come here to vent if that's what you need.

Unread 11-12-2012, 08:08 AM

I understand what you're going through. I'm newly divorced with 6 kids. I had my surgery 1week ago. Bills up to my eyeballs and so far no child support. What I can tell you is that God hears and sees and He loves you very much. I know that He can turn mess into treasures. He is doing it in my life and I know He can do it in yours. It not what I expected in the way that expected but it is exactly what I needed. I know that He can turn your situation around, too! I am praying that God, Himself comforts your heart and blesses you greater than you could imagine!

God bless you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2012, 08:22 AM

You have a lot on your plate. At work, hopefully your charting will help defend you? I'm sorry your family isn't there for you right now. I've struggled through financial stuff myself and it's hard. Honestly, with your long shifts, a puppy can't hold it that long when they are young, so it could be a long road there. I wish I had advice but mainly I feel for you and can send support. At least you can vent here, we do understand.
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:59 AM

Thank you thank you thank you, now I am crying, but it feels better just to be heard, to be responded to positively...I will only admit to faulty charting re the patient pain med. I told my boss that, and am def saving all the correspondence! My son actually told me to leave him alone, and to enjoy 'the time I have left'--he never stuck around long enough to hear the pathology report was negative, he is 20 and very wrapped up in his gf and music, I bought him an electric guitar when he was 12, he is very talented...my SO is just working five days a week I know he wants to do more for me but he is between cars, I would love to have him here with me all the time, but don't want to drag him down....:-(...thank you again for all of your replies and the prayer did make me cry...tears of peace n joy.
Unread 11-12-2012, 04:45 PM

Just keep moving & try to stay positive. Sorry to hear that you're having such troubles..Xoxo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register