any one else have a BASKET BALL belly :O( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

any one else have a BASKET BALL belly :O( any one else have a BASKET BALL belly :O(

Unread 05-18-2007, 09:50 AM
any one else have a BASKET BALL belly :O(

Hello
my tummy is so swollen looks like i swallod a big baskeball

I have been active since day four out of surgery.
But since yesturday I had to go back to taking pain med, because of severe cramping i also am having some pain at my calfs so maybe i will call DR i hate to be a whiner cause im not i usually take pain well and for a long time.

so how do you get rid of baskeball belly ???
and i have gained 10 pounds right out of surgery i want to loose that 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Oh My

Well..It has been a little over 2 years since my surgery...I still have a basketball tummy..and would also like to know how to get rid of it..I excersice..and it still seems to stick with me....
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:35 AM

Hi happygrand46!

You are not alone! Here at Hyster Sisters we use a term called "swelly belly to describe a swollen stomach after a hyst. And we have a few post op articles you may find helpful.

Increased activity does seem to aggrevate this condition and many women find their stomach is more swollen at the end of the day. It can take from a few weeks to several months for this to completely go away.

Do feel free to talk to your doctor about your questins and concerns. There are other medical conditions that can cause a swollen abdomen that your doctor would need to treat you for. IFor instance, had a large "basketball" on my right hip. It was not swelly belly but was internal bleeding! So it is always better to let your doctor decide how serious your condition might be!

Many best wishes to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2007, 10:58 AM

I am 10 weeks post-op and still have swelly belly and I had everything down vaginally.
I also seem to get ful very fast after eating. Loss of appetite which I am notcomplaining
about but I just ate a bowl of cereal and feels like I ate a cow.. I started excercising
a bit Doc said it was ok. But my belly looks like I am due any day. And we know that
is not the case. So you are not alone lots of swelly bellies out here. Lots of HUG!!
Paula
Unread 05-18-2007, 12:48 PM

I too have a swelly belly. It grows as the day progresses. My doctor's office said it was normal and that the tissue is just healing. I sure hope so because I have very few clothes that fit it. I find most evenings it's so sore I just have to take everything off and get in bed and hold my covers up like a tent because anything on it is irritating.
I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op now.
Swelly bellies unite!
Unread 05-18-2007, 01:08 PM

My problem is that I had my surgery like 2/1/2 years ago. I am very active. I eat healthy...but my muscles and my stomach are just gross..hahahaha..I cannot tighten my stomache muscles...its pointless.......it seems.
Unread 05-18-2007, 01:26 PM

I'm only 4 days post op so I prolly don't qualify to answer this so soon but yes, I'm swollen horribly. I bought HUGE shorts to wear afterwards, thinking they would be too big. Boy was I worn. Finally gave up on them this morning and am just in panties and a big shirt.
From reading that it gets worse in the evening after moving around, I should look around 15 months pregnant by tonight. I DID walk to the end of the block (only 6 houses) twice today but my mom said that was enough walking for today, just to walk around the house a bit.
Unread 05-18-2007, 01:37 PM

Thanks i dont feel so alone
my clothes dont fit me either i wear tent dresses but very confy :O) trried my jeans the other day OHHH for about 2 seconds.
will call doc and see about the swelly belly I had a TVH also Paula.
I was thinking for some odd reason that swelly belly only happended with abdominal surgery. my appetite was bad before surgery but worse now i can eat half a bowl cereal then i cant get myself to eat anything the rest of day :O( dont feel like cooking much either DH had to make his own last night i felt nausiated just thinking about food.
Unread 05-18-2007, 01:39 PM

I am 2wks post op and have swelly belly. I hate going in public because I'm so afraid people will ask if I am pregnant and if they do, I'm gonna burst into tears. I feel like my doctor replaced my uterus with a bowling ball. None of my clothes fit and if, by the grace of God I find something that does, within an hour it hurts so much I have to unbutton. NOT attractive.
Unread 05-18-2007, 05:50 PM

To all my Swelly Belly sisters, thank you for bringing a smile to my face. I am 5 1/2 weeks post op, TAH vertical incision for cantaloupe size fibroid. Still wearing my "granny underware". I was getting concerned when this would go away, but now feel it's normal to still feel this way. I asked the doc at my 4 week check "Is this still the swelling, or is this what I'm stuck with?" He said it was the swelling. No consolation though. I too am afraid some stranger will ask me when it's due. Problem is I'm 56 years old and my child is 28! I jokingly told a hyster sister co-worker I'm naming it after her!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register