3 days and freaking out...what if...what if...what if??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days and freaking out...what if...what if...what if??? 3 days and freaking out...what if...what if...what if???

Unread 06-12-2012, 01:24 PM
3 days and freaking out...what if...what if...what if???

What if...something goes wrong?...what if I don't heal properly?...what if I suffer irreperable damage to somethig?....what if HERS is right?...what if menopause if only a year away and this 10 cm monster ends up shrinking?...
what if?
what if?
what if I could just have a crystal ball for one day just so I could stop being terrified because I knew it would be a great outcome in advance?!?!?!?

I thought I was so ready for this...

Marzy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Re: 3 days and freaking out...what if...what if...what if???

Honey calm down. PLZ dont second guess urself. U will be fine and heal properly. Dont psych youself out because it doesn't help you only makes u anxious. U made this decision for a very good reason. U r doing what's best for u. We r here for u to help u they ir.
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:02 PM

What if you are ready for this and your feelings are perfectly normal? The way I saw it, if I have the surgery menopause is right around the corner. If I didn't have surgery I would have had a very late menopause and would have been forced into surgery due to severe anemia. You are doing the right thing for you and you will feel so much better in the end. I decided to have mine and I'm glad. My 10cm monster was way bigger than the doctor thought and we had been following mine for years. You can do this. You will be fine. Good thoughts and prayers your way because you are right in the middle of the hardest part of it all-the waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2012, 02:21 PM

Breathe deep ....

I got the call today to set up the hospital registration. Eek!! I see my doctor on Monday with my hubby to go over everything, then go down to register and do any pre-op tests. Surgery is next Wednesday (20th). We're going out of town for a relaxing trip on the river. But I'm thinking I can't do this or that for fear of getting a cut or scrape or any of a hundred other things!

I've noticed that suddenly my problem (bladder/uterine prolapse) ain't as uncomfortable as it's been the last day or so. Murphy's Law!

You'll be fine and hindsight will kick in later and you'll be glad it's done and over with.

Breathe deep ....
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:35 PM

I agree with everyone else...breathe deep .... I know it's easier said that done when you are in the waiting stage. In my opinion, the waiting is the hardest part of all of this.

I had those same what if questions & fears, especially about damage to other stuff...but now that I'm on the other side of this, I'm so happy I did it.

You are going to do fine, you will have a great team of professionals who do this every day, taking excellent care of you.

Again, easier said than done, but try to occupy your mind with other thoughts & tasks. If your nerves are really bad, maybe your doctor can prescribe something to calm you until your surgery.

Think as positively as you can.

((((Hugs)))))
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:42 PM

I waited and am having some serious complications. I had a Myomectomy in 2001. I was waiting for menopuase. It never came. I am 53 and now my uterus, bladder and vagina are prolapsing. I am miserable and can't pee as I have been posting all over the walls. You might wait and never have problems but I think most of us do have trouble once it starts. I think you will be glad. I too wish I would have had a crystal ball to avoid this. I would have had it sooner.
Unread 06-13-2012, 06:35 AM

Hello ladies....and thank you. I actually posted a great big thank you last night while I was waiting for my dinner to arrive but I don't see it here. I decided to get my mind off of everything and go to a movie - which helped (sort of!)...but your encouraging posts helped me a lot more.
I realized during the movie that I was having the hardest time getting comfortable in the seat I mean I had to twist and turn everywhichway just to try to enjoy the movie and then dinner just sat there in my belly...there is no way I could wait anymore. And I know the fears are normal...I just pray that it turns out allright and that I will with the so-happy-I-did-this camp...rather than the I-wish-I-never-did-this camp...
So thank you everyone for the words of courage for me - believe me it is very appreciated.
Last night's movie "Snow White and the Huntsman" had various themes I can relate to...princesses...castles...aging...the whole bit and it just made me realize that at one time I felt more like the princess but nowadays I feel more like the crazy witch!
Unread 06-13-2012, 06:54 AM

Good for you. I am exactly 1 week out and I feel great. I stopped ibuprofen 3 days ago, people have told me I look thinner (even with a bit of swelly belly), and I am the princess of the house! I wish the same for you. I know the fear can be all consuming and I was sobbing as they wheeled me into the OR. I know it is hard to believe everyone who says 'you will do fine," but you absolutely will. We ladies put up with so much pain each month that we forget what normal feels like. Trust me, surgery will feel so easy! Best wishes and God bless.
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:20 AM

Hi Chinfrey --- that is awesome that you feel so good so quickly (especially with abdominal incision!) hope it continues to go well for you. This is what I need to see --- success stories!! THank you for commenting!

Marzy
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:48 AM

What's helped me is I think of the reasons why I'm having it done. I ask myself...."Do I want to be anemic till I go into menopause? "Do I want the bleeding to take over my life for who knows how long?" It's been a tough few years, and I've had it. I'm going in with a positive attitude, knowing the recovery will take time.
Do yourself a favor....you doing it for yourself to feel better! You deserve it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register