TAH 1 week post - I feel worse - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH 1 week post - I feel worse TAH 1 week post - I feel worse

Unread 03-14-2007, 03:42 PM
TAH 1 week post - I feel worse

My ovaries were also kept. I thought that since the ovaries were kept it should be so emotional. But there is still the loss of losing the ability to have my own children. I have a blood clotting disorder and neurofibromatosis so I always knew I did not want to pass on those conditions. It is good to hear from others that are having emotional issues also. This way we do not feel alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 03:46 PM

Your ovaries can go into shock after surgery also- from the blood supply being stopped for a while during surgery. So, give them some time to wake up and do their job.

The loss of having children is another issue. I am so sorry you have feeling this way. My heart is with you.

Jean
Unread 03-14-2007, 04:00 PM

I used to be a neighbor too! (grew up in Denver) and I'm the same. Have my ovaries, but they also went on vacation (I'm hoping they went back to the mountains somewhere...it's awful flat here in TX). I cried all last night for no reason and yelled at DH. At least we are all "normal" together.

Colorodoan - I hope you get lots of rest and find lots of comfort here from your sisters! I'm thinking of you in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 06:42 PM

Hi Callalilly...
You are so not alone! 14 days post op -TAH/BSO - and I never imagined I would feel like this after 2 wks. Sleep is hard for me, and I wake up in allot of pain. Can only take tylenol or motrin. After about 1/2 hour awake and walking @ feeling much better. if I over do it, it is nap time for me. I am not use to this and starting to feel horrible because I can not do anything without a twinge here or pain there and exhaustion setting in.
After reading all the posts, I am beginning to understand... 4 - 6 - 8 weeks to recover.... and they really mean that long!
Unread 03-14-2007, 09:06 PM

My TAH/BSO was 2/5/07. I thought the recovery would be much easier than it has been. I too felt great from week 1-2 and thought this MAJOR surgery thing was easy. Then, week 3 hit and I was so tired I could hardly get out of bed. I am now at 5 1/2 weeks and am starting to feel much better. Decided yesterday that I am going to take it easy and not go back to work until 8 weeks. More energy everyday but can't do near my normal activity level.

Enjoy this time...catch up on reading, shop online, watch all those movies you have every wanted to see, chat on the phone, etc. I thought I would be totally bored but have felt just bad enough to know I can't do anything else. Remember, you only get one chance to heal....take it!
Unread 03-14-2007, 11:57 PM

I had mine done on the same day- it sounds as if we had the same wonderful experience in the hospital. I felt better 3 days post op than I do now. I have read so many that echo our sentiments, our bodies are healing and they decide when to completely wipe us out.
Word of advice for you, whatever you do, dont think you are healed and decide that scrubbing the bathtub is a brilliant idea....I swear its not. LOL
Take care of yourself and !!!
Best wishes vibes flying your way~~~~~~~~~~~
Unread 03-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Thankful for this site

I had my LAVH in 1994 leaving my right overy. On March 7th I had a RSO, lots of adhesions removed, my appendix removed and another doctor called in to look at my bladder. I have a cut in the belly button where he tried to use the scope but could not see for all the scar tissue so he did a bikini cut. I am feeling worse now that is has been a week and reading these posts have really helped me cope! Thanks!
RNic
Unread 03-15-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellabella
Hi Callalilly...
You are so not alone! 14 days post op -TAH/BSO - and I never imagined I would feel like this after 2 wks. Sleep is hard for me, and I wake up in allot of pain. Can only take tylenol or motrin. After about 1/2 hour awake and walking @ feeling much better. if I over do it, it is nap time for me. I am not use to this and starting to feel horrible because I can not do anything without a twinge here or pain there and exhaustion setting in.
After reading all the posts, I am beginning to understand... 4 - 6 - 8 weeks to recover.... and they really mean that long!
Do they ever. My supervisor, who had a c-section about 20 years ago, said the other day - 'When they say 6 weeks, they really mean it, don't they?' She's right. You need every minute of every day of the full six weeks and it's a bad idea to forget it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register