Wedding or Not?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wedding or Not?? Wedding or Not??

Unread 09-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Wedding or Not??

Hi Sisters,

I am 10 post-op TAH/BSO today. This is also the wedding day of our niece. I am planning to go to just the ceremony. I feel pretty good while I'm on the couch!! So I'm having second thoughts about riding in the car, then sitting though the ceremony, and riding in the car back home. I guess I'm just afraid of doing too much but yet I really want to be there. Just wanting some feedback or "what would you do?"

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Re: Wedding or Not??

I had my TAH on July 21. Ten days later was my 25th high school reunion, which I helped plan. As much as I wanted to go, I couldn't make it. I was too tired and still having pain and swelling issues when I was up and around. Now, I would have had a 90 minute car ride to get there, so that definitely influenced my opinion.

If it is a short car ride and a relatively short service, you might be ok. However, you will also be spending energy getting dressed up and ready to go, too. Don't push yourself too hard. If you get halfway there and start feeling bad, you can always go back home.
Unread 09-04-2010, 01:35 PM

At 10 days after a TAH/BSO, I had to attend a funeral of a dear friend. Ride was only about 1/2 an hour to it. Sat thru the service and then made my excuse to go home, not to the luncheon. All understood the situation. Rested up the rest of the day. Wore comfy elastic pants and binder. My brother drove me and he protected me from tight hugs and so forth. I'm glad I was able to attend and I felt ok, no problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2010, 01:55 PM

I went to a wedding but no reception. I was tired but glad I went. I almost wish I'd tried the reception but it would have been too much. If you feel up to it, count on resting after.
Unread 09-04-2010, 01:59 PM

I could not have done it at 10 days post op. I was barely off pain meds at that point and had a infection in my incision. So, I would have had to say no.
Unread 09-04-2010, 02:59 PM

I think you could do it as long as you feel you have the energy. I wouldn't stay for it all though. I hope the drive is not long.

I would expect to have to spend more down time tomorrow, if you do.
Unread 09-04-2010, 05:22 PM

Thanks to everyone for their words of wisdom. I did attend the wedding and it was beautiful! I wore stretchy leggins and a long tunic and of course my new fav I have added to my wardrobe-my ab binder! Felt pretty good but as I planned just stayed for the ceremony. I'm back on the couch now. Thanks again!
Unread 09-04-2010, 07:58 PM

oh , I am so glad you felt like going! Yay!
Unread 09-05-2010, 09:34 AM

I was two weeks post op and went to a wedding. I drugged myself up and managed to make it through a full catholic mass! I was lucky because the reception was 2 hrs after the wedding so I laid down and took a nap in between. I made it through dinner and went back to bed in our hotel room! My husband learned quickly to drive "gently". Slow turns and rolling stops! Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register