vaginal cuff shooting pain postop? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal cuff shooting pain postop? vaginal cuff shooting pain postop?

Unread 01-08-2009, 01:07 PM
vaginal cuff shooting pain postop?

is it normal to have vaginal cuff discomfort after lavh when walking post-op for a while with sharp twinges?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2009, 01:28 PM

I am also experiencing cuff pains and I'm more than 11 weeks out. I think the nerves in that area are inflamed and it is going to take a while for them to calm down.

Mine however don't start just because of walking. They even wake me up in the middle of the night, they are caused by me rolling over in bed, laying still, and just doing general every day things.

Hang in there
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:38 PM

I am at 9 weeks & I still feel a twinge now & then too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2009, 02:47 PM

Yep, I have some of those crampy pains, twinges and shooting pains in the upper vaginal area too, just started this week. Mine is made a bit worse by walking and by driving. Downright aggravating. I have seen the doc every week since surgery (complications) and he said everything looked fine "up there" so I'm guessing this is normal from what other sisters are saying.

Kathy
LAVH 12/10/08
Unread 01-08-2009, 03:44 PM

When I over do it I get a dull heavy feeling. It feels like everything is trying to push it's way out. I think it is just our bodies reminding us that we are not quiet there yet.
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:02 AM

thanks for replying. mine are in the upper vaginal cuff area too. so glad i am not the only one experiencing this. i feel like i do need to walk more but wonder whether walking will make it better or worse. it got bad one time while out walking and doing some window shopping that i was literally holding my bottom limping back to car LOL. of course my kids thought it was a funny spectacle being it was an outside mall and people were all around.

if it is inflamed, i wonder will ibuprofen help to relieve some of the swelling? let me know what works for you in helping to control and/or alleviate it.
Unread 01-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Wish I had the answer to that one. I haven't found anything that really helps it except cutting back on the activity that seems to bring it on. You might be doing more than me, I don't have kids at home and I haven't gone for long walks yet - around the block, the grocery store and around a small mall 2 days ago and I'm a full month post-surgery. I just started driving about a week ago and not for very far.

It can come on while sitting in the bed, though - so who knows what brings it on.

I tried Tylenol and Motrin, helped a little, one day I gave in and took a Lortab.

I remember reading it might be caused by normal healing and the stitches starting to dissolve.

Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register