Back to work at 7 weeks post hysterectomy - starting to feel some pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back to work at 7 weeks post hysterectomy - starting to feel some pain Back to work at 7 weeks post hysterectomy - starting to feel some pain

Unread 02-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Back to work at 7 weeks post hysterectomy - starting to feel some pain

Hello, I just started back to work this week at the 7 week mark. I had lap vaginal hyst for endo and adenomyosis, kept my ovaries, lost my appendix and had my colon resected. I have a desk job so decided to go back full time. I've been doing ok at work, just tired and having a little trouble focusing on complex topics and getting back into my high productivity groove. I'm not too worried about that part. But I have started to feel some achy constant pain in low central pelvis, where I imagine my vaginal cuff is. Today it was all day and tylenol didn't help. Not sure what to do differently or if I should be worried. Any insights or advice? No vaginal bleeding yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2015, 05:31 PM
Re: Back to work at 7 weeks post hysterectomy - starting to feel some pain

Hi, Im at 6 weeks and have fone back to work and I have the same symptoms. Its def feels like a pulling on the vag cuff when sitting for a long time. Like u Ive taken Tylenol, it works if I catch the pain early but if I wait it contines to be uncomfortable. It always feels better when Im standing or get home and lay down
Unread 02-13-2015, 05:41 PM

Hi,
As far as my experience has gone that seems to be normal. I'm almost 9 weeks post surgery and I'm still getting sore sitting for too long. That pressure in the lower area. My doctor said everything has healed right, it just takes a while for everything to feel normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2015, 09:34 PM

I went back after 3 months and felt the pain and exhaustion too!
But sit a lot- put your feet up, lay down when you can.
Don't push, pull, lift or carry anything over 5 pounds!!
I'm having issues now and I don't know if it's due to overworking my body when I feel good or complications after surgery (colon damaged by tumor) -
TAKE CARE!
Keep a journal and tell your doctor.
You know your body better than they do.
Unread 02-17-2015, 06:59 PM
Back to work at 7 weeks post hysterectomy - starting to feel some pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme1975 View Post
I went back after 3 months and felt the pain and exhaustion too!
But sit a lot- put your feet up, lay down when you can.
Don't push, pull, lift or carry anything over 5 pounds!!
I'm having issues now and I don't know if it's due to overworking my body when I feel good or complications after surgery (colon damaged by tumor) -
TAKE CARE!
Keep a journal and tell your doctor.
You know your body better than they do.
Thanks everyone! This makes me feel a lot better. I made a few adjustments for this week, my 2nd week back, and am feeling much better. I borrowed a rolling briefcase instead of carrying my 15 lbs of stuff, computer, lunch, purse, etc. I've also been avoiding opening heavy doors (use automatic button when available) and switched to flat shoes. I made myself be lazy as much as possible all weekend too. So this week has been much better so far. And one bonus of being tired at the end of the work day is that I'm sleeping much better than when I was on leave! Thanks for mentioning the 5 lb limit. I thought I was the only one who couldn't lift 10 lbs or more without pain by now.
Unread 02-17-2015, 07:21 PM

I'm so glad to hear that you're listening to your body! Yay!

BTW my doctor also told me: no gardening, pulling weeds, mopping or vacuming, etc. and don't walk a dog that pulls on you!!
It's amazing how much we use our stomach muscles ladies!!!

Don't push or pull tables, heavy furniture, boxes, etc. and the groceries... Tip the sacker to load them for you! They're glad to do it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register