5 weeks today + I feel GOOD! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks today + I feel GOOD! 5 weeks today + I feel GOOD!

Unread 07-25-2005, 11:44 AM
5 weeks today + I feel GOOD!

I have felt so lousy ever since surgery and been on and off antibiotics for suspected infections. I started a higher dose of antibiotics on Friday and after still hurting and feeling so rotten all weekend, I looked at my dh late last night and said "Hey, I feel better than I have for a very long time!" Today, I still feel good! There is light at the end of my tunnel!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2005, 12:05 PM

Hi! Glad to hear you're feeling so good today! Yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm 6 1/2 weeks and finally getting some energy back to keep up with the kids. Where in Indiana are you? I'm in Lafayette......and VERY ready for this horrible heat wave to be over!
Unread 07-25-2005, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the encouragement that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am four weeks to day and have a splitting headached today. I have been headache free until today.

Maybelline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2005, 12:29 PM

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I had some antibiotics kick in suddenly after being on them for four days when I was about 5 weeks post-op, and things have continued to improve since then. I just came back from a two week holiday, with lots of walking/hiking. The only part that bothered was when we spent a lot of time driving...swelly belly doesn't like sitting!
Unread 07-25-2005, 01:17 PM

Thanks for all the 'Congrats'! I have been up and going since early this morning, even driving to the grocery and post office. I am taking my late lunch to my recliner for some R&R and probably a nap.

Pednurse, I am only 45 min south of you! Just a few miles north of Turkey Run State Park. I have kind of kept up with your posts since you were close to me. I had my surgery in Crawfordsville!
Unread 07-25-2005, 01:29 PM

Hey Cowwalker that is great news I had mine done the same day as you and I feel really great toooo... But having a swelling issue today is all I think I over did it this past weekend with mowing and cleaning out our little goldfish pond in the backyard but will take it easy all week and see if it dont go down. Hugs to ya'll

Okie
Unread 07-25-2005, 04:24 PM

I Had Mine The Day After You And Im Also Feeling Good Still Cant Sleep But Im So Glad I Feel Better Now It Was A Ruff Ride!
Unread 07-25-2005, 07:03 PM

cowwalker, isn't it a small world. I really enjoy going to Turkey Run. Hope you enjoyed your nap. By the way, never buy a bag of chocolate chips when you're grocery shopping in 100+ heat.....learned the hard way this afternoon.....
Unread 07-25-2005, 10:34 PM

Thanks for the chuckle! I have done similar things like that myself. I have to keep a cooler in the back of my Trailblazer since I live so far from the main grocery. On days like today, I don't even try to buy that stuff!

I did find out that the carmel corn that dh bought for me at the county fair can turn to a big lump of hard cement when left in the truck in this heat!
Unread 07-26-2005, 10:02 AM

I am five weeks post-op today and feel great as well. The heat can take a hike, and I am sure I would probably feel better than great, if not for this blasted heat. I live in Canada and right now the temp is 34 degrees celcius with a humidex making it feel more like 42 degrees celcius. With the conversion it feels like 109. something degrees ferinheight <sp). Cabin fever comes easily when it's too hot to venture outdoors. I love my airconditioner.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register