19 days post hysterectomy - Bladder issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

19 days post hysterectomy - Bladder issues 19 days post hysterectomy - Bladder issues

Unread 06-21-2014, 06:06 AM
19 days post hysterectomy - Bladder issues

Just wanting to know if anyone else experienced the feeling of a full bladder like URTI needing to pee a lot especially at night. I'm already on antibiotics for internal infection so thinking shouldn't get bladder infection as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Re: Bladder issues

I sort of have that feeling, but even more so- it hurts internally for me to urinate. Not burning like a UTI, but like a cramping. Have you experienced that?
Unread 06-21-2014, 09:13 AM

Hi I just had my hysterectomy done 3 days ago. I had to have a catheter in overnight due to my bladder being too thin. I was able to come home without it. But, I am going to the bathroom on the hour. A little bit of discomfort. I am hoping this changes. Most annoying at night. I feel like a newborn!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowbean View Post
I sort of have that feeling, but even more so- it hurts internally for me to urinate. Not burning like a UTI, but like a cramping. Have you experienced that?
Yep I do kind of get that feeling plus like there is pressure. And oops should have been UTI. And when I go not much either.
Unread 06-21-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglizs View Post
Hi I just had my hysterectomy done 3 days ago. I had to have a catheter in overnight due to my bladder being too thin. I was able to come home without it. But, I am going to the bathroom on the hour. A little bit of discomfort. I am hoping this changes. Most annoying at night. I feel like a newborn!
I had a catheter too and initially was going a lot then it settled down for a bit. But this feeling of pressure started couple days ago.
Unread 06-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Re: 19 days post hysterectomy - Bladder issues

I had that as well. I had an abdominal hysterectomy almost 4 weeks ago. That sensation took about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks to go away. I did have a catheter in overnight after my surgery.
Unread 06-28-2014, 06:47 PM

Hi, I had discomfort for quite a while. My doctor told me it was because they had to cut my uterus away from my bladder. It explained why I was experiencing discomfort. It took a couple of months to settle down properly. I found it would be worse if I left going to toilet too long. I couldn't hold as long as I use to because it would start hurting. Even though your external stitching etc is healed there is months of internal healing to get through. After 12 months I can finally say I feel back to normal.
Unread 06-28-2014, 07:37 PM

I had mine 6 weeks ago .. and only geting up one time at night now.. but still have that feeling of a little cramping ... but that is getting better .. not all the time .. and not nearly as bad as it was earlier.. so yes it does get better.. I had a catheter over night the day of my surgery .. but have had no real problems thank heavens.. Good luck
Unread 06-28-2014, 08:49 PM

i had it the first week. I took a few hours where I drank a glass of water every half hour so my bladder would fill and 'wash' out. That helped with that problem. But since I rarely ever feel I need to pee until I feel leakage (had before surgery). So I just go on a regular basis like every two hours. Positive: I can now go 5-7 hours at night without getting up. I use to be up every 1-2 hours and really had to pee. I still don't have to do much when I wake up. I will wake up, go, take my thyroid and go back to bed. When I get up in an hour I do have a fuller bladder.
Unread 06-28-2014, 09:02 PM

Im soon in my 10th week. Total abdominal hysterectomy with all removed including appendix. I had a cath the first night. After that I had to pee every 30 min round the clock! My bladder went into over drive! About day 3 it finally started calming down. Even tho it still feels kinda funky even now when I empty. But no uti's to speak of. Just all apart of the healing process. Our bodies have gone thru such major trauma. Just be paitent. Things will calm down soon. Best wishes to all recovering. From a hyst sis in Tx.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register