I wanna sleep! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I wanna sleep! I wanna sleep!

Unread 07-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I wanna sleep!

I'm 3 weeks post-op today, and the pre-op achiness and lower back pain is back! I only notice it when I lie down and then I toss and turn all night trying to get comfortable. My body feels very restless and can't seem to relax. No position is even remotely comfortable. If I do sleep at all, it feels like I stay in REM sleep with hyper, crazy dreams. No deep sleep at all! I slept better the week after surgery!

Has anyone been in this achy, sleepless state? And how do I get out??? I was just starting to catch up on my sleep deprivation , and now it's back!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2005, 03:19 PM
I wanna sleep!

Hi morningrain.... I know exactly where you are coming from.. I have had sleep deprivation for the past 5 years and even was put in a physcriatric hospital because I had went without sleep for so many days that I started hillucinating. They actually thought I was having a nervous breakdown. I am back to the same old no sleep pattern and this is one of the reasons that I had my hysterectomy. My doctor thought that the surgery would be a good solution to alot of my problems. So much for that, huh? I have the oddest things happen to me when I am trying to doze off. I sometimes think that I am having strokes, quit breathing, and other odd things. I always wake myself up from it but I sometimes feel as though it is real. I don't know what to do about it. I have taken so many different sleep meds and I become immune to them in a couple of weeks. I can't take otc sleep meds because I have Restless Leg Syndrome and they make it twice as bad. I will be glad to hear what the other ladies have to say about you post. I too want some relief. God Bless and I hope you get to resting better.
Unread 07-04-2005, 03:27 PM
I wanna sleep!

Hi Morningrain,
Yes I went through what you are describing also,( I had a TAH on June 9th). I only had the backache for one day/night. I did have the restless feeling and was unable to sleep and I felt achy, sleep deprived and like I would crawl out of my skin. My family Dr had precribed Ambien for me to take the week before my surgery so I could get some sleep. I wasn't really having a problem then.So when I had gone for a few nights without any sleep, I took them for two night to get some rest.I had decided that if I couldn't sleep after that I would call my OBGYN and talk to her. Fortunaltly for me I've been sleeping again the last few nights. If it contines for you, you might want to call your Dr and see what he/she might be able to do to help you. I hope you're able to get the rest you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2005, 03:35 PM
I wanna sleep!

I do know how you feel, I have battled insomnia since 1 week post-op. I have tried prescription and non-prescription medications to help me sleep nothing has helped. I am a mess. I really feel sick all the time because I am not getting the right amount of deep sleep that my body is needing. Nothing has helped me but I would definantly talk to your doctor about it, he/she can then decide what to do to help you rest peacefully and soundly. I can't wait to sleep good again. Good Luck!
Unread 07-04-2005, 06:27 PM
I wanna sleep!

Try sleeping with your head pointing north; weird, I know, but it works for me.
Unread 07-04-2005, 06:56 PM
I wanna sleep!

I had a lot of trouble sleeping at about 3 weeks also and I discovered that I was having Restless Leg Syndrome symptoms. I did some research and found that iron deficiency causes restlessness. My dr gave me Ambien and I took some iron supplements and in a few nights I was sleeping like a baby! Good luck
Unread 07-04-2005, 06:59 PM
I wanna sleep!

I have been having trouble sleeping for the past week. Seems like I only sleep for an hour or so and then I am up again. I suppose this could be from inactivity. I have found that the last two nights I was able to get to sleep more quickly by reading in bed. It doesn't really help me stay asleep but atleast I fall asleep before 3 am now. I think that my sleep patterns are just mixed up because it seems like I sleep for longer periods of time during the late morning. Morningrain, if it is not getting any better maybe you could ask your doctor for a mild sleep aid. I know some people worry about taking these types of meds, but maybe just for a few days to get you back into a normal sleep pattern? Hope this all improves for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register