Ufe | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Ufe

Hi everyone
I have a fibroid that I think is not that large (4.18cm * 3.71 cm), but it does give me problems. Heavy and long periods with pain.
My previous doctor wanted me to take away my uterus (I'm 46 yrs old and no children) but I don't want it to be removed.
Has someone gone thru UFE (uterine artery embolization) that could share me your story of this procedure?

thanks a lot!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Ufe

I had UFE five years ago. My fibroid was 9cm and intramural. I was 51 at the time. The fibroid shrunk over time and has shrunk by 90%. It was an easy recovery. I highly recommend it. Your fibroid will shrink to virtually nothing. I'm happy to answer any questions.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by ale2271 View Post
Hi everyone
I have a fibroid that I think is not that large (4.18cm * 3.71 cm), but it does give me problems. Heavy and long periods with pain.
My previous doctor wanted me to take away my uterus (I'm 46 yrs old and no children) but I don't want it to be removed.
Has someone gone thru UFE (uterine artery embolization) that could share me your story of this procedure?

thanks a lot!!!
Unread 08-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Re: Ufe

Hi again!
I had another ultrasound, and they found another small fibroid (2cm) I have my gyn appointment on monday. As far as I know he does not believe that UFE helps much. I'm very mad with my previous gyn, when I had a myomectomy 7 years ago, he left two small ones... I'm sure those are the ones that are bothering me now! And he is the one that made the first ultrasound and just told me I had only one fibroid.
I'm very optimistic that this will help!, I hope my gyn will give me the yes! I really don't want to have an hysterectomy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2017, 06:42 PM

I will try the UFE on Wednesday 16. I'm scared to dead, 'cause as I read more and more stories, some people have not that much pain and others pain as if they were in delivery.
I will be one night at the hospital, and I hope everything goes well!!!!!!
The gyn does not think that UFE helps that much, but he was very open and told me to try it.
I really hope it helps!!!!
Unread 08-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Ufe

I read on Medscape UFE has an 85% satisfaction rate. It will be okay!! I was a little nervous but I was also empowered because I was finally putting a stop to the havoc the fibroid was placing on my body. I so wish it had been done earlier. Have you talked to your IR about pain mgmt. If not you should. Dying fibroids are painful. My doctor addressed this head on and my pain Never was out of control. Good luck!!!
  Quote:
I will try the UFE on Wednesday 16. I'm scared to dead, 'cause as I read more and more stories, some people have not that much pain and others pain as if they were in delivery.
I will be one night at the hospital, and I hope everything goes well!!!!!!
The gyn does not think that UFE helps that much, but he was very open and told me to try it.
I really hope it helps!!!!
Unread 08-07-2017, 07:45 PM

My IR told me he was going to give me morphine if I was in a lot of pain. anyway, I'm scared!!!! :S
Unread 08-18-2017, 12:48 PM

Hello All,

My UFE is scheduled for Sept 12th and I'm scared too. I have a severely enlarged uterus with innumerable fibroids as well as a large pedunculated fibroid 6.1x9.3x11.5cm. Any thoughts on feedback with UFE for treatment
Unread 08-18-2017, 01:33 PM
Ufe

I had a UFE in 2014 which was unsuccessful leading to my hysterectomy in march this year. the success rates look so high because they base the % on the success of the procedure not the shrinkage - i only had 1 follow up a month later so I don't see how they could arrive at that beIng successful? Fibroids had grown at time of my hysterectomy this year. Not wanting to scare and it may be different for everyone but for me it was a very painful recovery (immediately after op not ongoing pain) and I would recommend anyone not wanting children to go for the cure ! I feel amazing 6 months after my hysterectomy and never thought I'd ever say that Again good luck and god bless On your journey xx
Unread 08-20-2017, 02:26 PM

hi everyone, I just had the UFE it is painful after the procedure! I had to stay two days at the hospital so they can control my pain. how can people do it as an outpatient? It was done this aug 16

here are my questions:

1. is it normal that the pain starts when I walk or sit? if I lay down in a couch everything is great.

2. how long does the vaginal bleeding will last?

3. The doc told me that tomorrow monday I could drive, I don'T think so, is it normal or maybe there is something wrong in my recovery?
Unread 08-20-2017, 03:36 PM
Ufe

I had very little pain however my IR told me aggressive pain management is very important in the beginning. I barely bled either. My fibroid was a single large intramural. If fibroids are in the uterus there can be heavy bleeding up to 6 months however it is this type that has the fastest shrinking. Sorry to hear your pain was so severe! I know this can happen. It's super important to stay ahead of the pain. You're body is working really hard right now so be sure to take it easy. Hugs!!

Quote:
hi everyone, I just had the UFE it is painful after the procedure! I had to stay two days at the hospital so they can control my pain. how can people do it as an outpatient? It was done this aug 16

here are my questions:

1. is it normal that the pain starts when I walk or sit? if I lay down in a couch everything is great.

2. how long does the vaginal bleeding will last?

3. The doc told me that tomorrow monday I could drive, I don'T think so, is it normal or maybe there is something wrong in my recovery?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register