So tired. . . | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So tired. . . So tired. . .

Unread 11-05-2008, 07:10 AM
So tired. . .

Okay, so it's been a few months since the VH. Ovaries left, and still working every two weeks, I can tell by the zits, and the normal ovary pain.

I am just tired. Like completely sleepy, had thyroid and blood counts done. Everything came back fine.

My back is still out, and I did have a really bad bout of bronchitis.

I just want the energy to come back. Anyone else out there who had a VH, having problems with energy levels? What have you done to give you pep?

Honestly, I am just drained, happy I did the surgery, but thought I would be running marathons by now.

My mom says with the back problems and then the bronchitis, I haven't had an easy go, but I am thinking, there are a lot of people who had it harder than me, and feeling great.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2008, 07:30 AM
So tired. . .

Are you excersing regularly? I know you are tired but doing aerobic excersise daily is very important in regaining your stamina. I am 7 weeks post op and up to 45 minutes twice a day on my treadmill and have been gradually starting back into weights as well.

My Dr insisted on me walking alot right from the beginning! I am positive that it is the only reason I feel so great now. Sometimes I am really tired and don't feel like working out, but afterward I know I did the right thing and always feel better!

Good luck!
Unread 11-05-2008, 07:34 AM
So tired. . .

I am a pretty active person, yet, the back issues kind of screw that up. Normally I am a power walking machine, but have had to ease up on it because of the sacro iliac stuff.

Yesterday I did foundation work (re pointing of a foundation of a house), insulating, and cleaned the dog run, then the back goes out and I am so ******* tired.

I just feel like I have brain haze constantly, but get up so early in the morning. I guess, I'll just keep on doing what I can do. I am just fed up with the exhaustion, don't know if it is related to the TVH or everything in combination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2008, 07:36 AM
So tired. . .

I am 5 days post op and am walking 10 - 15 minutes twice a day as directed by my doc. he told me walk, walk, walk. I'm only taking Advil for any discomfort (which I really don't have any to speak of). I'm only taking one nap a day usually.

So I'm with househunter on the exercise. Anytime I have had surgery I start up with the walking asap.

I would encourage you to exercise if you haven't been. It may seem tough at first, but it will improve and you will feel better. And yes, the bronchitis and back problems surely did set you back I'm sure.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register