Bleeding after 3 wks and feeling down | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding after 3 wks and feeling down Bleeding after 3 wks and feeling down

Unread 07-31-2009, 05:32 AM
Bleeding after 3 wks and feeling down

Hi all - need a liitle encouragement and advice. Had TAH 7/10. Then a little brownish discharge for about 2 days then nothing but a little pink staining one day. Two nights ago, woke up bleeding. Looked like a lot to me so my doc said cone to ER. When I got there she said it wasn't that bad after all. A clot had blocked the drainage opening and was dripping. She cleared the clot and treated me with somethingcalled moncel solution. Told me I probably shouldve been having more discharge the first weeks but clot had blocked it. Said now I'd have the discharge most get in those first weeks but it would mostly be rusty brown. All day yesterday it was. Then same thing again at night. Woke up in middle of night, bleeding steadily but not real heavily, and passed a couple of clots. Should I call doc and see if she needs to treat me with the moncel stuff again? I hate to be a Nerbvous Nelly who's calling her every couple of days but I with the weekend coming, I hate to leave this up in the air until Monday. Any advice or similar experiences? She did say I looked like I'm healing well, I just don't know if she needs to do something again to stop the bleeding, or if this is just part of that discharge I shouldve had earlieer and didn't. First had bladder spasms. Then constipation and hemorhoid troubles, now this. Seems I get a couple of good days, start feeling optimistic, and then God feels he need to smack me upside the head with a new worry. I also have an autistic son who is having a hard time with all this - every disruption makes him think I'm going to die. Am very tired and discouraged. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2009, 06:26 AM
Re: Bleeding after 3 wks and feeling down

I would call the doc again and tell what's going on right now just in case. I didn't have any of this, so I don't know what to tell you, but if your is kind and compassionate, he/she will be hapy to calm your fears.

Feel better soon
Unread 07-31-2009, 07:37 AM

Hi Tytania
Please try not to worry too much about the bleeding unless it is heavy (filling a pad an hour). I know it's alarming to see that blood, but some bleeding is generally considered normal during recovery. I had some light bleeding on and off as my sutures dissolved. It seemed my body would let go of little bits of tissue and small amounts of blood every so often, but it was never heavy. The brownish, old blood came and went for several weeks.

If you have new pain or feel unwell those are always something you should call about and it's never a bad idea to call if something worries you. Your dr is there to keep you from needing to worry. I just want to put your mind at ease, that many of us have had the bleeding. Mine was on and off until the 7th week.
Take it easy, pamper yourself and try not to worry. Three weeks is still early in your recovery. The healing will come. Keep us posted on your progress.
:hugs5: Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2009, 08:13 AM

Thank you, ladies. I did put in a call to my doctor and am waiting to hear from her. I guess technically it IS light bleeding, but it doesn't seem light when it's coming out of your own body!
Unread 07-31-2009, 08:32 AM

Oh my the same thing is going on with me, bladder spasm, abdominal discomfort, light discharge then light spoting. I called my DR this morning he jut now called to tell me that it is normal it is ok. It is the vagina healing and it may be a clot. And it is only 11 days for me. I just will take it easy I think itting to long makes it worst.
Unread 07-31-2009, 08:36 AM

That is just wat my DR just told me tht the sutures are healing . That there would or may be clotting so that is the reason for the spotting. Its only been 11 days for me. I am glad someone bought this up because I was starting to worry.
Unread 07-31-2009, 08:43 AM

My doctor just called back and said it is not unusual and could last all the way up to the 6-8 weeks it takes to completely heal. Oh yippee. As long as it's lighter than a period , she says it's okay. But she also told me to take it easy this weekend so it might have chance to slow down . Can't figure out how to take it much easier without going into a coma. Divi, I think you are right about sitting up. I've been doing a lot of that the last few days. Guess it's back to resting in bed a lot the next few days.
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:21 AM

hang in there, I also had problem. I suddenly had what I thought to be heavy bleeding after putting clothes in the washer, went to se dr and had tear that needed stitches. So be reassured that your dr says it is healing well. From what I've read some bleeding is normal from the healing process, stitches breaking down etc. As long as it isn't heavy like a period, can watch and wait. I am now getting back to activities, walking etc. /but listen to my body and if I'm tired, rest.
Unread 07-31-2009, 11:32 AM

I am lying in bed relaxing, watching TCM as I write this lols. Yse sitting upight completely puts pressure in the lower abominals, and doing stiar climbing, laundry reaching up pulling on the stomach or bending over are all no nos untill at least 4-6 weeks (depends on each person) . But then everyone heals differently.

Me being athletic(dancer/walker/hiker) for 2 decades. I am sure I can heal faster then most who are not as active. I long to dance again(I took of 2 months before the surgery due to problems)and exercise again.

but! I still feel, takiing it easy, listening to your body and healing slowely is the best way. Or it can effect us later on. If we do much too soon it will cause us problms in the long run. So I myself am resting walking a bit each day not straining and allowing my DH too help out and pamper me as much as possible My well being is worth more then anything else that needs to be done. Let the men do it for a change. Our bodies go through alot being women, mothers and wives..

I wish everyone here best wishes and a healthy recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register