5 weeks post op today...little stinging feelings? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post op today...little stinging feelings? 5 weeks post op today...little stinging feelings?

Unread 01-11-2012, 02:44 PM
5 weeks post op today...little stinging feelings?

I had my appt with the doctor on Monday, but totally forgot to ask her about this. We went over SO much info it just slipped my mind. Since my surgery I have these little feelings of needle pricking, they are alot higher up than my incision and nowhere (seems to me) near where my uterus was.. they are SO weird feeling. I think its surgery related but I just can't figure out why?? They aren't horribly painful, it just makes me wonder if I'm stretching something that shouldn't be stretched just yet. Other than that recovery is finally in process. I was released for everything (except sex) YAY hot tub baths!!! I've missed soaking in the tub soooo much.. such a stress reliever for me! She said wait until the 8 week mark for sex so 3 more weeks. I go back in on Valentines Day to see her again. She could still see a few stitches and in the cuff area so she wanted to check again just to make sure. My pathology reports came back great.. no cancer (history of abnormal paps) just chronic inflammation??? not sure what that was but she said it was good.. and the adenomyosis which was mild!!! I can't imagine mild and just starting... oh my gosh how much worse it would it have gotten if I had waited to have the surgery. That thought sends chills up my spine. I bled SO badly and at times had such horrid cramps I couldn't leave the bathroom. It's still surreal to think I will never bleed like that again, kinda hard to believe after going through almost 6 months straight of it.

Terri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Re: 5 weeks post op today...little stinging feelings?

I get the stingy feelings too. I've had them near my incision, inside above my cervix, and everywhere there is healing going on. Did you have a muscle incision or were your muscles retracted? I have noticed that the stings are simply part of the healing process, nerves finding each other etc. If they worry you, call your Dr.
Unread 01-11-2012, 04:43 PM

I have had the pins and needles too...I think it is completely normal as nerves and tissue heals. Glad you are doing so well. I am a bit achy tonight after work...nothing horrible...just very glad to have my heating pad...forget about getting addicted to pain meds...it is my heating pad that I long for. =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 05:32 PM

My understanding is that the pin pricks and stinging are the nerves waking up. I certainly had them and still get them once in a while. One doctor mentioned that the nerves are part of a network, so sometimes you can get pain along the nerve network and not just at the incision/suture sites.
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:04 PM

Hello sister,
Yes indeed I had this feeling. For me it was light touches sometimes even the sheets would hurt to have them on but pushing on the tummy never hurt. I had my TAH on Dec. 5th and had my check up and have been cleared for everything now. and as for the oddest sensations I ever felt, they too are easing up now. Almost gone. My dr. explained to me that some women get this feeling and others get a numbness, it is strictly just the nerves and will eventually come to pass, and since then they have improved. Healthy healing, you are on your way !!!
All the best
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:57 PM

All that stinging and pricking and the occasional sharp stabs of pain (short lived) are very normal. They will soon lessen and then pass altogether as the healing progresses and the nerves and tissues knit together again (or whatever is going on in there!!)
Would love to see what it looks like in there now! (me with no female organs left at all! )
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:23 AM

Thank you all! That's such a relief! I hear you on the heating pad! I'm now addicted! It's my new bff! lol
Unread 01-13-2012, 04:27 PM

Agreed, every day there are so many different sensations that are not where you would expect them to be. And as I digest, food and gas passing through my intestines triggers other pains, all short but still, unexpected!

Now, I have to sign off because something about my posture at this pc will cause a sharp pain near my incision, so out of respect I am going to stop and move to another place in the house.

I am learning to know which pains are just a part of healing and which pains are meant to be respected. Cheers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register