Would like feedback on Symptoms - Laparoscopic Surgery in 2 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Would like feedback on Symptoms - Laparoscopic Surgery in 2 weeks Would like feedback on Symptoms - Laparoscopic Surgery in 2 weeks

Unread 04-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Would like feedback on Symptoms - Laparoscopic Surgery in 2 weeks

Hello to everyone; I’m hoping someone can let me know if they have the same symptoms, and what their outcome was. I’m sorry this posting is so long, but I want to be specific, and would greatly appreciate any feedback!

Age: 51 in menopause, but haven’t stopped having periods. (2) Periods in the last 12 months have been late; then the next month early spotting for 3 days in between. This has never happened before. Started my period at 11, with heavy bleeding lasting 7-14 day, cramps, etc. One of my daughters had endometriosis surgically removed at age 17 (she is 24 and on Depo shot). I exercise and eat very healthy.

Oct. 2013 GP visit: Pap smear came back abnormal for precancerous cells (never had this happen). Blood work came back Abnormal-Anemia (no surprise there) doctor instructed me to take an iron supplement until it improves; which I did, and it has. Told the doctor at this time, I didn’t feel good, and we both shrugged it off as menopause.

03/07/14: GP office Visit: For over a year my lower abdomen has been extended and bloated, can’t drink a cup of coffee without feel I’m going to explode, just don’t feel good. In one year I’ve gained about (8) lbs. Weight 129 lbs. at doctor’s office (height 5’-6 ½”). GP sent me to have an Ultra sound, had my period so no pelvis exam. Given shot for pain & pain meds (both didn’t’ take away the pain)

03/14/14: Ultrasound (not vaginal): Weight 123; lost 5 lbs. just don’t feel good after eating.
Findings: Uterus 11.7x4.3 cm in size and the endometrium measures 7mm. No free fluid in seen in the cul-de-sac.
Right ovary measures 5.0 x 3.4 x 2.1 cm and the left is 5.4 x 1.8 x 1.4 cm. Follicle in the right ovary, with an additional complex cyst measuring up to 2.2 x 1.5 cm. The possibility of a hemorrhagic cyst is raised. No other ovarian cysts or masses are seen and no adnexal abnormalities are identified. There is no free fluid in the cul-de-sac. No other ovarian cysts or masses are seen and no adnexal abnormalities are identified.

03/17/14 GP referred me to a gynecologist. Gyno can’t see me until April 18th, made the appointment.
Symptoms at this time are extended lower stomach, bloated with feeling pressure in pelvic area, can’t eat much because I don’t feel good after eating, nauseous, constipated, feel like I have to urinate a lot, but go very little and feel like I still have to go, constant lower back pain that sometime goes into my right buttock cheek and upper right thigh. I can feel my right ovary swell and actually see it move (like your baby did when you’re pregnant), sharp shooting pains in the left & right ovary that come and go. My right ovary, lower back and leg pains hurt the most when I’m driving. Sometimes back pain will go up into rib area.

03/23/14 Sunday: Really don’t feel good; feel like my body is telling me something is seriously wrong! Blood pressure very high.

03/24/14 Monday: Call GYNO to see if I can get in early, explain that my blood pressure is extremely high and I don’t feel good. Only the N.P. could see me tomorrow; I took it!

03/24/14 Tuesday: See N.P. takes blood, urine (all normal). Pelvic exam finds bulky uterus, can’t feel ovaries uterus too big; finds (2) large polyps on cervix (removes with forceps (biopsy benign). Blood pressure still high. N.P. thinks it’s IBS or gallbladder (which I disagree) sent me to go have a sonogram (came back normal). Hemorrhaged 2 hours latter from the polyp removal (soiled my work clothes, my car seat and even going into the house. Passed about 20 golf size blood clots and went through numerous pads (NEVER BLEED LIKE THIS BEFORE EVEN ON MY WORSE PERIOD DAYS). Went back to see the N.P. next day to make sure this was normal.

03/25/14 Wednesday: Stopped bleeding at 2:30AM. Saw N.P. at 2:30PM pelvic exam to confirm bleeding has stopped; then N. P. still thinks it’s IBS; so frustrating! Sends me right over to my GP because my blood pressure is too high. (FYI the N.P. charged my insurance $601 for the (1 HR) office visit & $375 to remove the polyp and $301. For (30 min.) follow up visit.

03/25/14 Wednesday: 3:15 PM at GP’s for high blood pressure –sends me to ER.

03/25/14 Wednesday: 4:00 PM at ER blood pressure 222/120 in a lot of pain and frustrated no one will listen to me that it’s my female organs that are not doing well! All my other organs are fine, but they do the EKG, CT, blood work, urine, and (all normal). Pelvic exam bulky uterus and very little bleeding. Only concern for them is to lower my blood pressure. Given IV with fluid and morphine twice and released at 8:00 PM. Told to follow up with GP and GYNO.

04/01/14 Tuesday: Saw new Gynecologist that is a board certified ob/gyn physician specializing in gynecology and advanced minimally-invasive gynecologic surgeries, including laparoscopic and robotic hysterectomy, myomectomy, sacrocolpopexy, treatment of advanced endometriosis and operative hysteroscopy. She continues to stay active in educating physicians in laparoscopic techniques, researching clinical outcomes, and performing surgery in patients with complex pathology with utilization of robotic and laparoscopic surgery.
Dr. did pelvic exam, said uterus is enlarged and hard would like to do laparoscopic Surgery and go from there. Surgery scheduled for 04/24/14.

04/07/14 GP for ER visit: Blood pressure still high, Dr. prescribed medication to lower blood pressure. Now it’s to low 107/67. My temp is 97.4. I think the high blood pressure is related to the cysts and enlarged uterus!

04/11/14 Today: Still feel bad. Weigh 117 lost total of 12lbs. Surgery can’t come soon enough!
If anyone out there can relate to what’s happening to me, I would love to hear about it.

Take care and Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Re: Would like feedback on Symptoms - Laparoscopic Surgery in 2 weeks

Hi GLB:

Did you have your surgery? How are you doing?

Sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 05-19-2014, 08:30 AM

Hi,
Yes, I had my surgery and doing great. I had my uterus, right fallopian tube and ovary removed, no cancer was found, just damaged organs due to cysts and heavy bleeding for 40 years. The doctor noted that I also have enlarged pelvic veins, which may make me more sensitive to pain. I feel so much better; no more bloating, constipation, back pain, I can eat & drink again without feeling like I’ve had a 6 course meal, it’s like night and day, wish I wouldn’t have waited so long.

I had my surgery on April 24th; spent 1 night in the hospital and went home the next morning. Yes, I did have recovery pain & gas in the right shoulder for about 5 days, but I was up fixing dinner 2 days after my surgery (DH is not a very good cook) and back at work 2 weeks after the surgery. Now my only issue is getting my hormones in balance. I guess even at 51 my uterus and right ovary were still producing a lot of hormones. I’m having terrible hot flashes, cold sweats and heartburn; not getting much sleep. My doctor put me on Elestrin, it’s been about 1 week and no improvement yet. Thank you for checking up on me and take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLB37 View Post
Hi,
Yes, I had my surgery and doing great. I had my uterus, right fallopian tube and ovary removed, no cancer was found, just damaged organs due to cysts and heavy bleeding for 40 years. The doctor noted that I also have enlarged pelvic veins, which may make me more sensitive to pain. I feel so much better; no more bloating, constipation, back pain, I can eat & drink again without feeling like I’ve had a 6 course meal, it’s like night and day, wish I wouldn’t have waited so long.

I had my surgery on April 24th; spent 1 night in the hospital and went home the next morning. Yes, I did have recovery pain & gas in the right shoulder for about 5 days, but I was up fixing dinner 2 days after my surgery (DH is not a very good cook) and back at work 2 weeks after the surgery. Now my only issue is getting my hormones in balance. I guess even at 51 my uterus and right ovary were still producing a lot of hormones. I’m having terrible hot flashes, cold sweats and heartburn; not getting much sleep. My doctor put me on Elestrin, it’s been about 1 week and no improvement yet. Thank you for checking up on me and take care.
Good for you!! Did they discover why you lost so much weight?
Unread 05-21-2014, 12:00 PM

Really not sure, but before my surgery I couldn't eat much. I was very bloated and felt extremely full even after a cup of coffee. I'm sure it had to due with eating less.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register