Question for you ladies back from the castle - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question for you ladies back from the castle Question for you ladies back from the castle

Unread 09-23-2003, 09:52 AM
Question for you ladies back from the castle

I think it depends on what you have I had a THV and twelve days later I am great. I pace myself but if you don't have and adm. incision you should be ok. Just make sure you stock you house with easy to fix GOOD stuff and have a cordless phone with you when you walk. I think you will be fine. Get online with us when you feel like it and we will keep you company. It really is better on the other side. LOL Shan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2003, 10:46 AM
MareSINY

Hi Mary Ellen ...
I am married but my hubby was gone all day at work .. I was by myself and I did just fine. I had a table set up by my bedside with my meds and drinks close to where I could reach everything. I did make sure I had a phone near me at all times.. The first week you will be sleeping allot ... I did just fine ...
I wish you the best ....

Enjoli
Unread 09-23-2003, 11:04 AM

May Ellen;

My wonderfully ditzy mom in law came up with a great idea- they are grabbers for picking up stuff you drop or getting things down from high shelves. I got mine at WallMart. About $15.00. In the pharmacy dept.

Right now my honey chases the cats around with it pretending to get their tales. Its a great game. After surgery I will use it to pick up the stuff I drop. It is really pretty cool. I am always dropping my applique scissors and it works fine for errant spools of thread that go rolling away.

Also have easy to fix meals ready to go; Healthy Choice, your church ladies, etc... Keep it easy but healthy! We are stocking up on some of my favorite fruits in pop top cans, and boxed juices, so that I am not trying to heft around a gallon jug of apple juice. And sugar free popcycles and fudgebars....

Hmmm.....I'm getting pampered already if the truth be known.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2003, 11:10 AM

Hi,

Remember that everyone is different. If you're thinking that you'll be O.K. becuase you like your solitude then that might be the best thing for you.

Stock up your night table or side table with your meds, water bottle, TV remote and phone. I had help the first 2 days and my hubbie went back to work. I had a full hyster with a vertical incision and the most help I needed was someone to drive me to my first week post-op appt and to fetch things for me from the upstairs, etc.

I didn't (and haven't) done any household chores except empty the dishwasher. I started driving at 2 weeks and the only exercise I'm allowed to do is walking.

See what your doctor recommends and make sure you take care of yourself (most important). Good luck!
Unread 09-23-2003, 12:31 PM

I also was by myself after my surgery. DH was with me the day i came home, but he had to get back to work the next day. We just moved to a new city and i don't know my neighbors and nobody came to see about me or even knew about my surgery. But I was fine. Took my shower by myself (sitting on a stool in the shower stall and with a hand held shower head) and even put on makeup and fixed my hair. I had and still don't have much of an appetite, just fixed myself some soup in the microwave for lunch. I had made some stuff I could just heat up for dinner so cooking was not a problem.

Being alone was no big deal for me, i enjoyed the solitude and being able to lay around without feeling guilty for not working around the house! Also, if you are all alone you can blow off gas as you can without worrying about being embarrassed in front of guests!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register