hair loss | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-24-2005, 10:03 AM
hair loss

I am on a Estradot Patch 50. I have noticed hair loss! I was useing the patch wrong...I was useing it only "when I thought I needed it", therefore my hormones were going up and down..plus I was consuming huge amounts of soya milk, using black colosh, and HRT supplement pills. I have stopped all now, just useing the patch properlly, plue a multi vitamin. Do you think this was the cause of such a hair loss? Seems a bit better now????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2005, 02:48 PM
hair loss

I have had a hair loss problem also. I am three months post op and am currently using Estrasorb. I talked to a pharmacist today and he said as long as I am using the meds I will experience hair loss. I am sick about it. I have been stressed worrying about what to do. I have called my doc but all I seem to get is a new prescription for a diff med. Almost all hormone meds can cause hair loss in about 1 percent of people taking them. I am one of the lucky ones... I am not sure where to go next. I am distraught.
Unread 05-24-2005, 04:25 PM
hair loss

Hormonal imbalance can cause hair loss as can a thyroid imbalance. Many times it's not necessarily from the hormone itself, but from an imbalance or the hormone not being the right one for you. We do have many choices for our hrt and hrt is not one size fits all.

I had some hair loss following my surgery. One thing that helped me was to start taking Evening Primrose Oil and Fish Oil. Here's an interesting thread that has some more information The Hair Report Do check with your doctor before taking new supplements.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2005, 08:32 PM
hair loss

Hi Kim,

Thanks for posting that info on The Hair Report. I noticed that was back in 2000 when you had your hair problem. How long did it take for you to notice a difference and how are you doing now? Are you still taking the Evening Primrose Oil?

Thanks again Kim for all your advice, I will surely give it a try.

Sharon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register