Some Pain at 6 weeks post op- Normal????? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Some Pain at 6 weeks post op- Normal????? Some Pain at 6 weeks post op- Normal?????

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:03 PM
6 weeks of agonizing pain!!

Hello,
My surgery on oct 22. I have been in pain ever since. Started with uti the first week home, and things have not improved since. Had ct scan and bladder scope, no damage. Surgeon said I have healed but no one can tell me why I am in such pain. My gp doctor thinks maybe inflammation around my bladder or possible scar tissue. Have been on all kinds of antibiotics, detrol la, and just today got percacets to help with this pain. I cannot deal with this at all. I just cry and pray for this to stop. All I keep hearing is that it's only been 6 weeks. Well you have just 6wks of pain in a area so sensitive and see how you like it. I sit with my job and that is not helping. I just want to know when this will stop. I had laproscopic with vaginal. I thought this would be the easiest way to go. For me its been the opposite. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Some Pain at 6 weeks post op- Normal?????

I am so sorry to hear you are in that much pain. I am in some pain but not all the time. I started this thread and I am glad I did because I thought I was the only one that still was having problems. I read some of these threads and the ladies are feeling great after a few days............not me it has taken me the full 6 weeks plus to heal. I just hope the pain will be gone soon for you as well as everyone else that still has pain.
Unread 12-07-2007, 05:37 PM

tired001 --- I'm the same way. I had mine on 10/22 and at 2 weeks I had a small hematoma that they drained, but now at 6.5 weeks I'm still in a LOT of pain. My doctor said to take ibuprofen, but it doesn't touch it. I have a lot of lower back and leg pain too. My dh was out of town this week and the pain was the worst it's been cuz I had to do everything (4 kids). I don't have too much problem with a swelling belly, but I never have. but the pain is just getting very old very quickly and I'm tired of being tired.

I was supposed to go for my 6 week follow up, but the kids' school was delayed 2 hrs cuz of icy roads so I had to cancel and now I have to wait til 1/10/08 to get in. but I may call next week if it doesn't improve. I was hoping to be pain free, not worse!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2007, 05:51 PM

Oh gosh ladies! I am sitting here wishing we could all get together and cry on each others shoulders. I know that the general consensus is that it will go away but it is so hard to wait. Going to bed and waiting to see what tomorrow brings. I can understand the 4 kids thing. I have the same and my hubby has been out of town which makes the advice of "try not to lift to much and get as much rest as possible" IMPOSSIBLE! I hope we all get better soon. But in the mean time I am glad we have this sight.
Take care all of you!
clan6
Unread 12-07-2007, 06:02 PM

I too am glad for this site because I may have made a trip to the ER tonight if I hadn't. It just seems to abnormal to ME to have pain this bad 6 weeks later, but I guess it is major and I have to remember that they touched and did a LOT to me and my body just needs time. But I'm not a patient person. And neither are my kids!!!
Unread 12-07-2007, 06:41 PM

I still hurt a lot worse than I think I should, and my back flared up . I went back to work this past Monday I am only working 4-5 hours instead of 10-12. I have gotten home and crawled to the bed and crashed for 2-3 hours every day this week. The pressure in my lower belly and back feels like something is falling out. The staff at my womens clinic said to give myself 4 months before I am really feeling better from this . I guess this is all normal, but I thought I was tougher than this.
Unread 12-07-2007, 08:23 PM
sudden pain after 8 weeks

this site has made me feel much better. At 42 I had total abdominal hysterectomy on Sept. 28. Was released from doc about a week ago. So of course I came home and began cleaning. Last night I went to get out of chair and had awful 'burning" sensation ...felt like cactus thorns poking me right below belly button. Perhaps I got too active too soon?? Not sure, but if continues, will call doc on Monday. Anyone else experienced such?
Unread 12-07-2007, 08:57 PM

Yes I have had that happen. I almost have that burning feeling all of the time. But the stabbing pain you talk about happens when I have done to much.....Like cleaning. I just back off a bit and try later. It has stopped a bit as time goes on, but will still happen if I do to much. Hope this helps!

Clan6
Unread 12-07-2007, 10:58 PM

Oh dear sisters, I'm 11.5 weeks out and have been feeling bad the past 2 weeks. Dr. is trying to rule out all possibilities because I was perfectly fine weeks 5 to 9. Then at 9 weeks I did way too much and started with burning feeling at vaginal cuff, then turned to pain with pain in my thighs and groin. I feel pressure like something dropped but dr. says it is all fine. I'm trying to rest but it is so hard with the holidays coming up and everyone thinking I'm 100% by now because I was at week 5.
So I keep reminding myself what other sisters keep saying: it takes 6 months to completely heal. Sometimes up to a year. Yikes.
Unread 12-08-2007, 07:58 PM

Hi, first post. I'm almost 5 weeks post op with vaginal Hyst and bladder sling. I'm so happy to hear I'm not alone. I still have pain. Tonight it's mostly vaginal and I'm worried. I now understand why I'm so tired....I guess it's normal!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register