Frustration!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustration!! Frustration!!

Unread 06-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Frustration!!

So frustrated!! Tried the Depo shot the end of May and due to experiencing some possible side effects (more headaches, migraines, constant pelvic ache, and acne like I am a teenager) have decided not to continue even if it works or chance it is just a huge coincidence this is all happening now. Not going to trade one set of issues for a new set of issues especially the migraines. If it was just the acne, who cares, but hate getting migraines again after getting them fairly controlled. Tried to get into my doctor to discuss options again and can't until June 26th. Now that might not seem like a huge deal, but want to get this taken care of ASAP due to being a teacher and am assuming if we decide to do any type of major procedure (hysterectomy or some other thing) will need to do some other appointments before the actual procedure. Was looking towards the middle of July for possibilities to get back to school in time. This might jeopardize that. Hoping not. One good thing about my doctor is she is very, very proactive about everything. She wanted me to have my IUD surgically removed and it happened in less than a week. Lets hope that works with this as well. Just want to be done with all this crap. Sorry for the rant, but been a frustrating day all around!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Re: Frustration!!

I can totally understand your fustration. I had the depo 17 years ago after my daughter was born and it was horrible. I hated it. My gyn offered it to me a few months ago to control my bleeding until I have my hysterectomy and i said NO WAY .

I hope your dr can do something for you. But my understanding is that it stays in your system for 3 months. But heck its been 17 years so I don't know. Maybe there is something that your dr can give you.

Good luck to you. Wishing you the best.
Unread 06-08-2012, 05:03 AM
Re: Frustration!!

Yeah, I know it stays in the system for 3 months. Not looking for something to help with side effects, know I will just have to deal with those, but looking to explore those other options now while I don't have to take off work since I am a teacher and off for the summer. Most of my options I have left will require some form of surgery and recovery and don't want to have to miss the beginning of school to do this. Pushing my doctors appointment to the end of June might make me have to push everything else to later in July than I would like.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register