Why is the 3rd week the hardest? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why is the 3rd week the hardest? Why is the 3rd week the hardest?

Unread 11-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Why is the 3rd week the hardest?

This is my first post but I'm 3 weeks post a TVH and this has been the roughest week so far. I have been trying to take it easy walk a little not lift anything and have felt pretty good up until now and I feel like I have hit a wall!! Is there something about the 3rd week of healing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Re: Why is the 3rd week the hardest?

I think so! My 3rd week was bad too!
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:19 PM

There is definitely something about wk 3 that makes it hard. I always thought it was with stitches dissolving and your body supporting its own tissues made it a little harder on the body. It could also be because we start to move around a little more when we're feeling better and compete with the energy your body expends to heal. Take it easy when your tells you that it's had enough and continue to follow drs orders. Just those simple things minimized how bad I felt. The good thing is you're right around the corner from feeling better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2013, 10:44 PM

I feeling amazingly good little more than 3 weeks but too have had a bit more pain and spotting. Have not had any till now? Thinking maybe has to be healing. Been lifting a bit more than the 10 pounds was restricted to hopefully that is not the reason. Sure don't want to mess that up.
Unread 11-06-2013, 02:54 PM

So glad to see that I am not the only one having the third week post op blues. I am 15 days post op now and yesterday I felt worse than I probably have since I've been home. Ended up going to bed at 6 pm and sleeping until almost 9 am this morning. Guess my body just needed the rest. It's really hard for me to be at home and not do anything so I have to struggle with that. I can always tell if I've been up too long or done too much. My belly starts to swell and become very tender. Hoping it will get better as the week goes on!
Unread 11-06-2013, 03:02 PM

In third week too.. feeling better than I have in tears... get a bit tired if I do too much.. makes me feel like a little old lady.. much to be said for an afternoon nap.. and a bit of rubbish TV.. or delving into a good book... every cloud haas a lining etc...
Unread 11-06-2013, 03:26 PM

Absolutely! Love those afternoon naps! It's frustrating but I feel lucky that I have time off work and that my children are grown! I couldn't imagine taking care of anyone else but me at this moment!
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:43 PM

My third week was terrible too! It gets better!
Unread 11-07-2013, 01:34 PM

Oh my gosh this helped me so much. I was really upset with myself today. I just feel like crap, no focus, tire and pulling. I thought by the third week would be doing so much more. nice to know I'm not alone...
Unread 11-07-2013, 02:32 PM

When I had my 2 week post op appointment this week, my doctor told me that he wanted me to get out side and start walking...start out small and add more time each day. He said this would help build up my stamina. I has definitely helped me with energy during the day, but by 6pm I am ready for bed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register