I've hit a wall! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I've hit a wall! I've hit a wall!

Unread 06-11-2006, 09:58 PM
I've hit a wall!

what the heck happened?

my get up and go, got up and went!

I was doing so well, and then this week just nailed me! I did manage to go to the library early in the week but that's it.

last night was "one of those days"

had potty issues-so had to do laundry ( the rest of the story is TMI!lol), then tried to heat up beef stew-managed to burn it! a car backfired and scared the fur off the cat-so had to coax her down from the top of the fridge-neither one of us knew she could get up there!

I'm sick of sitting in this house, but five minutes and I'm beat!

now my back hurts up high, almost to my shoulder blades-now how the heck do you injure yourself when all you do is sit in the dang recliner all day?

sigh.........ok..I just needed to whine for a bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2006, 10:35 PM
I've hit a wall!

SOrry to hear about the day you've had hon! Just gotta love when our "fids" end up in the oddest situations...always at the wrong times!

Maybe the sun will shine on a brighter side tomorrow.
Unread 06-12-2006, 06:47 AM
I've hit a wall!

Hi Who
I love the way you wrote your post. I was giggling-- esp at the cat. Still LOL on that one. I relate on the whole recliner and arms thing. I noticed my arms in the shower, of all places, this morning. I know have an anemia issue, but this is ridiculous.

As my DH left this morning, he made me promise not to do any pole vaulting. I recommend the same for you. It sounds like your household will keep you plenty busy, but I totally understand your feelings about being sick of the inside of your house.

At this point, I feel like I want to throw my TV and computer away forever, but then I think-- what in the world would I do for the rest of the time I am stuck here? I have the attention span of a deranged magpie and just do not have the energy to escape HERE. (Thanks for letting me countervent!)
Big hugs-- this is not forever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2006, 07:21 AM
I've hit a wall!

It does get better! Hang in there you will make it! I began to feel a huge difference at week 6. Weeks 3 and 4 were filled with alot of frustration and tears because I thought the healing process was way way way too slow!

Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 06-12-2006, 07:59 AM
I've hit a wall!

peace2006...Your post made me feel a bit better. I am currently entering week 3 and last night was not a good one for me...Feeling fat, swollen, weepy, and down right yucky! Oh, the healing is coming along fine, its the emotional stuff that is weighting me down. Hubby has gone back to work, so its me and dog - luckily its a beautiful sunny day, so I plan to take my book outside and read.....

I just keep telling myself that this will get better
Unread 06-12-2006, 08:28 AM
I've hit a wall!

thanks ladies! I'm gonna drag out the yard chair and sit outside for awhile, I'll probably end up with a sunburn the way my life has suddenly turned but at least I'm out of the house!
Unread 06-12-2006, 09:09 AM
I've hit a wall!

It will get better--just can't promise when!

I had NO energy for the longest time, as opposed to one of the gals I work with who repainted her living room while she was home on medical leave. I considered asking her over to paint mine.....

The shoulder pain, though, can be serious. I've had shoulder pain since about the time I went of the pain meds (I think I had it before and just couldn't feel it). My family doctor ended up giving me muscle relaxers and heat therapy and then popping my back and neck--THAT was the only thing that really helped. I still have some pain, but nothing like I did.

I guess it's a combination of being strapped to the operating table with arms stretched out at an awkward angle for hours during the surgery and then the carbon dioxide gas settling and pressing on a nerve in the pelvis, but shoulder/neck pain is pretty common for abdominal surgeries.

I wasn't too sure I'd ever get out of sweat pants and wear something that zipped again, but I am SO glad I had my surgery now. My energy level is better and I'm not dreading my menstrual cycle's arrival every month.
Unread 06-12-2006, 09:41 AM
I've hit a wall!

Ok Vega what is "fids"........DUH???

one of those days...tell everybody it's surgically related and you can get away with a lot!!!!!!!!

TAH,1 ovary left alone in the wilderness

so you feel better
Unread 06-12-2006, 09:58 AM
I've hit a wall!

Hi Whoneedsit,
I had surgery same day as you & I feel the same as you. Although I really do feel a lil better every day, I'm so frustrated with this swelly belly. I feel I would be so much better if it would go down. It REALLY depresses me. It's just a constant preasure. I had my 4-week exam last week & doc says all looks great, but I just don't feel back to "normal". I can go back to work on the 26th & it really worries me. I don't feel, at this point, that I am ready yet. I still can't get into a lot of my clothes & the ones I can get in....well, when I look at myself in the mirror - all I see is BELLY!!!! I've had such a positive attitude - until recently. I feel myself becomming depressed & feeling like things will never be the same again. Hoping it's just "a mood"!!!
Unread 06-12-2006, 11:00 AM
I've hit a wall!

How weird! I felt the same way this weekend. Saturday and Sunday I felt like all my energy was gone. Most of Sunday I felt like all my muscles hurt. Today I feel so much better.

Hope things get better for you. I'm going to try and get out for a walk this afternoon into the sunshine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register