Life is good! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Life is good! Life is good!

Unread 12-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Life is good!

Just wanted to check in again after 13 weeks to say that I feel great and I forget I have had a hysterectomy. My kids think I am on drugs because I am so perky after being anemic for months. I just wanted to encourage anyone having problems early on that it will get better. The first three weeks were rough, but after the 6th week, things just started to get normal. Now I go all day without a twinge. I am lucky that the hst cured all my health problems and I haven't felt this good in a long time. There are some things like first morning bladder spasms that are a tradeoff for keeping my blood in my body where it belongs. I was so worried that it would change my sex life, but that is still great. My doctor say me for my last checkup last week and said I was as "healthy as a horse" and to do whatever I wanted. So I got accepted to nursing school to start a new career at 47. I can't wait to start and I don't have to worry about wearing white scrubs now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Life is good!

Thanks for sharing that positive story! It'll be just about spring time for me when I'm 13 weeks post-op. I'm lookin forward to doing much more than I have in years! I think I'm lucky too, with the fact that having the hyst seems to have cured all my problems too. Now, if I can just speed up the healing part! Just kidding...takin it easy but man it's killin me! I feel like going ! Take care!
Unread 12-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Life is good!

I to went back to school to become an RN at the age of 38. You were smart to have the hyst before that. I suffered all throught school. It is also very good to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel I can't wait to get to the end. Thank you all for posting feelings on the board it has helped so much I feel like I have a freind in all of you fello hyster sisters. My hubby thinks so too every day since I signed up he ask if I have talked to anyone for advice so thank you and good luck with school its worth all the frustration study hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Life is good!

thank you so much for this post. i am already feeling so much better at just over five weeks- it is great not having PMt all the time, tiredness etc that I had for so long. Can't wait to feel even better. i feel a light is really there at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 12-22-2005, 04:02 PM
11 weeks for me today

I didn't know I could ever feel this good again, I thought I was just getting old (I'm 50). I'm still healing, my very large incision is still tender but physically I just feel so good. I have to stop myself from grinning all the time so people won't think I'm a dunce.

I stood at the copier too long yesterday and paid for it with swelly belly last night and today, so I'm taking it easy. But this has truly been one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I wish as good an outcome and recovery for all the other ladies.
Unread 12-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Life is good!

Thanks for your encouraging words. I am looking forward to enjoying life again. I decided to go back to school last year for my teaching credential and I have been suffering each month with physical problems. My hysterectomy is an answered to prayer. I am looking forward to starting my masters in 2006 and student teaching without thinking, "I hope I make it to the bathroom." Blessings to all of you out there. Thanks for all your support!
Unread 12-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Life is good!

This post should give the ladies in waiting alot of hope !
I am almost 6 weeks post op and I am so blessed with my suregery and recovery
I feel so good and I cant believe how wonderful life is !!!!

Im so happy for all of you !!!!!!!!
Unread 12-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Life is good!

Glad to hear all of this. Really glad.
Unread 12-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Life is good!

I also am encouraged by these words, and am waiting for the day when I can say the same! I am already enjoyint positive benefits, in that my bladder holds more, so I don't have to go every hour or so and produce tiny amounts, and I have no more of the back and leg pain that plagued me for years!

To KaYa and 97F150, I commend you on becoming nurses, especially as second careers. I have been a nurse for almost 20 years now, and it is a rewarding and challenging career. There is such a great need now, you will both have no end of opportunities out there for jobs. Best of luck to both of you in this new endeavor. We need you!
Unread 12-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Life is good!

I have spent a lot of time on this forum since my pre-op hysterectomy days.

And I must say, this thread is the most encouraging, and uplifting thread so far yet.

My doctor has this same kind of uplifting attitude. She told me, that based on the problems and reasons why I was having the hysterectomy, she said my quality of life is gonig to be so much better physically and mentally.

It is 2 weeks post of for me right now and I already have had very positive changes occur.

For example, before my surgery and for years before, I struggled with constipation. Going once every 3-5 days was common for me. BM movements were painfull and almost cut me inside on their journey. Now after the first week since the surgery, I go once or twice a day. I am not used to that and it is wonderful. Not blocked up is great.

The other thing I notice that is great, is that I had a very bad case of PCO - Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrom. And along with that I had chin and neckline acne and facial hair. I used to take Metformin for it. Now post op, I don't take the metformin and my skin is clearing up. I love it.

And girls, just wait till you plan a vacation. There will no longer be a thought crossing your mind, gee will I have my time of the month during vacation or not. hahahha, no more an issue.

Us girls are doing GREAT.

See, this thread has really perked me up to a happy state where I am very glad I had the surgery. In fact, many women say it was one of the best things they did to their bodies.

The other thing I did to my body a couple years ago that was GREAT, was the lasic eye surgery. I wore eyeglasses for years, years. It is so awesome to see a distance without glasses.

Medical science is great.

God bless you girls, and those reading this post.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register