Strangeness last night | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Strangeness last night Strangeness last night

Unread 02-17-2006, 07:05 AM
Strangeness last night

I want to apologize upfront if anyone is offended by this topic, I am thinking you won't be, because maybe some of you have been where I journeyed last night.

My period ended, I bathed, shaved, scented up and left my hair down an curly (BF likes my hair wet for some reason that I don't want to understand, I simply accept). Getting ready to enjoy an intimate evening with BF.

He leads me to the bedroom, with that look in his eyes and that smile on his face. We were getting further into it when he started to head south. I stopped him, I mean, I got totally freaked and told him he couldn't do that. He asked me why..and all I could do is cry.

My menses smells rotten, dead, nasty gross...and I don't know how much of that lingers...I don't feel good about what is inside of me..and in my mind, everything is attached.

I told him, and he said, If you don't want me to give you oral because of that, what makes you think I want to put anything else in there? Let's just say the moment was totally deflated. I felt so bad, because he is putting up with the pain, and the mess and ME...and I have to put limitations on what I can and can't do sexually, for my own peace of mind.

We ended up with everything OK, but I know now in the back of his mind, he is questioning my comments...and visualizing what I see as nasty dying, masses in my uterus.

I just had to vent....I am so sick of this thing ruling parts of my life that have never been an issue before. I am angry about it, and I hurt for my BF.

Thanks. T.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2006, 07:14 AM
Strangeness last night

I'm not offended at all, I can remember being very stressed and emotional while I was still waiting for my surgery too

Maybe you should should sit down and talke with your DBF. Explain that now is a very stressful and emotional time for you. Then maybe talk to your dr about your worries and fears.

I had my hyst over 3 years ago and don't notice an unusual or bad smell. My DH hasn't either We still enjoy our intimate time

Best wishes, I hope that everything works out well for you.

S
Unread 02-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Strangeness last night

T~
No offense here either!!! I have often done the same thing to my DH and he understands. I have issues with everything related to the adeno and my constant bleeding. I tend to jump on the chance to be intimate with him, but often find myself limiting what I can allow him to do.
Don't feel bad, I am sure if your BF has stuck by you for this long and through all of the pain and difficulties you are having he will find it in him to understand this as well.
I hope you are feeling better about this. It will all be over soon.
angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Strangeness last night

It will be over in 27 days. I have a call in to DR. I was told by her nurse yesterday that she keeps my file with her... I think a douche might help me feel "cleaner". I don't have any odor vaginally, and should probably not freak about it. DBF was wonderful. He is a kind, compassionate, dear man.

Thanks. T.
Unread 02-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Strangeness last night

I'm gald to hear that. I hope that the douche makes you feel better physically and mentally.
angie
Unread 02-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Strangeness last night

Hey no offense on my side either. You are not the only one thinking about the rotten smells and all that. I feel this way at times too especially when you have bleedings 3 weeks a month. Sex has been painful for me - it feels like my whole inside is falling apart. Hang in there, we both have about 4 weeks to go, it's coming soon. Hugs.....Frenchie
Unread 02-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Strangeness last night

Thank you ladies...I couldn't have said what I did to anyone else. I wouldn't feel comfortable talking about this with anyone, thanks for listening. T
Unread 02-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Strangeness last night

T - hey me too! There is so many times after AF has decided to leave that I just not ready for certain bed dancing. DH has been pretty good, but even when he convinces me it's okay - I fret through most of it and not enjoying it as much as I once did.
It is because of that rotting, nasty, disgusting thing inside us and I will be SO GLAD when it's gone.
Thank you for bringing this up cause I hadn't thought about being able to not have any worries in the bedroom anymore!!!! I mean I had thought it will definately be less painful, but it's like I don't think about the other activities I've limited for so long being able to come back!!!
BOY - am I excited now!!! Fun times and white shorts - can't get any better!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register