really a post op question--anything I need to know? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

really a post op question--anything I need to know? really a post op question--anything I need to know?

Unread 07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
really a post op question--anything I need to know?

If there are any post-oppers reading this, I have a question: Throughout the last 20 plus years, it's seems that between periods, discharge, ovualation, etc. that there has always been something leaking out of me, albetit normal. I can't tell you how thrilled I will be at the prospect to NOT be taking the monthly trip down the feminine aisle at my local Wal*Mart. Before I do my celebration dance, I thought it prudent to ask if I am rejoicing amiss. Is there anything I need to know? I will be getting a TAH and can't imagine that there would be anything left in there to come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Re: really a post op question, but they won't let me post there.

I can't totally say what your situation will be----the vagina itself has secretions, how much is an individual thing. So I guess "wait and see" would be the deal here. I hope it works out to be how you want. I know I don't need any "products" , but everyone is slightly different.
Unread 07-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Re: really a post op question, but they won't let me post there.

I had my TAH last week, if you keep your cervix there is a possibility of spotting during your normal tine of the month. As for other secretions it's too early for me yet to tell, good luck with your upcoming surgery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Re: really a post op question--anything I need to know?

Dont know what your experience will be, but for me I drained the first two days, and then nothing...i am 15 days post op, so i suppose there is still a chance, but so far so good....
Unread 07-08-2010, 09:53 PM

I haven't needed any products since 2 days post-op. Still a little bit of vaginal moisture, but that's it! I even bought all new undies.
Unread 07-09-2010, 05:27 AM

I'm five weeks post op, TAH/BSO and I've needed nothing except for one day when I had a minor discharge.
Unread 07-09-2010, 07:40 AM

Thank you ladies for sharing such personal information. What a great outlet this site is for us...who else would I possibly comfortable asking such a question, LOL. With so much upcoming that I'm NOT looking forward to, you all have given me hope that I may never have to travel that aisle again. That is good news and I'll be needing all the good news I can get. Thank you!
Unread 07-09-2010, 07:48 AM

Loracann - Don't throw all your pads away, you may need some for drainage and spotting after surgery. They are also helpful if you would need a silver nitrate treatment after surgery. The ultra thin pads should be all you need. Also, take some of the thin pads to the hospital - so you don't have to wear the "big" hospital pads.
Unread 07-09-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loracann View Post
If there are any post-oppers reading this, I have a question: Throughout the last 20 plus years, it's seems that between periods, discharge, ovualation, etc. that there has always been something leaking out of me, albetit normal. I can't tell you how thrilled I will be at the prospect to NOT be taking the monthly trip down the feminine aisle at my local Wal*Mart. Before I do my celebration dance, I thought it prudent to ask if I am rejoicing amiss. Is there anything I need to know? I will be getting a TAH and can't imagine that there would be anything left in there to come out.
Your comment about the Walmart aisle made me laugh... I have 3 more monthly periods to endure before my LSH. WhooWhoo... Knowing the river could flow at any time and I have a party to go to tomorrow at my DH's BOSS' house..ahh!!!.... I was in Walmart this week..on that isle..shopping for Depends. LOL My 4 yr old daughter was with me and asked, "are those diapers?, Why do you need diapers?" oh gosh. (Wish I'd made the decision when I was at CVS without her last week.) I explained it was special protection for after my surgery. She seemed content with that answer, but no telling who she'll tell or when. I was happy to think that I won't need to be shopping for these again for a very long time, if you catch my drift!

My best to you and not having to buy those things in bulk any longer..and to no more rivers that flow from places they should not!!!
Unread 07-09-2010, 10:27 AM

I had gotten to where I wore a panty liner all the time, and if i knew it was getting close i would wear a pad all the time....went through almost as many waiting for it to start, as I did once I did start.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register