Sharp pains and still swollen after one week ~ anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sharp pains and still swollen after one week ~ anyone else? Sharp pains and still swollen after one week ~ anyone else?

Unread 12-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Sharp pains and still swollen after one week ~ anyone else?

Hi I am in Toronto...36 and had uterus, two giant fibroids, and cervix removed. It still sounds surreal.
I'm doing all I can to withstand boredom and the cold weather...mostly staying inside...taking Bach Flower Rescue Remedy Sleep aid at night helps a lot and I don't have to take any hill billy prescriptions for Oxycoten or whatever....
drinking tons of water to wash out the urine infection (and taking antibiotics) and to wash out the anesthesia...

It's only been one week and I've already started knitting but have to admit it's boring...not a big movie watcher so I'm going to start writing a bit...
Any other suggestions...I don't want to talk on the phone much as it's really a private deal right now and I'm just that way...

Just wondering if anyone is having some occasional sharp pains in the their left or right sides and still swollen after a week, numb in the belly and such...

Also wondering if anyone goes out after one week...I've thought about it but when I have to go to the bathroom I need to now one is near by if you know what I mean!? It's a big ordeal a lot of the time...Sound familiar at all to anyone?
THx in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2009, 04:00 AM
Re: Sharp pains and still swollen after one week ~ anyone else?

labella

I'm sorry you're experiencing these things but you're not alone and I hope others will be along very soon to share. A hysterectomy is major surgery with the intial and vital healing taking approximately 6 weeks and so, at only a week post-op, it's still very early days indeed. However, don't hesitate to contact your doctor if you're at all concerned about anything.

If you've not discovered it already, please check out our <link> Post-Op Page which is packed with information for your recovery and addresses most commonly asked questions. Remember to rest as much as possible since you've only this one chance to heal properly.

Sending all good wishes!

Unread 12-18-2009, 06:06 AM

I am four wks post op today, just now starting to feel half way normal again, lol. You will have pain, twinges, and tingles in places you never knew you had, LOL. Seriously though, you're only a wk out, very very early. I experienced pain like that, alot of it gas. Sorry to say, it will be with you for a bit, but it does get better. Walking briefly is the best cure. Pills, gas x, really won't help that kind of gas. I went to Thanksgiving dinner, I think I was 3 days post op, not the best choice, but I lived. I also didn't go out for another wk afterwards. At a wk, I guess, you have to gauge how you are feeling. I can tell you, this surgery is tricky...you think you are feeling good and get up to go out or do something, and you pay for it later. I am trying to make a knife case for hb, so yesterday, I was messing w/ that all day. Cutting wood, w/ a saw, and so on...last night, exhausted...today, sore, at four wks out. I personally don't think it's a good idea to be going out that early...getting into and out of the car and walking around, I think you would be very sore and in pain later on, JMHO.
About passing time....computer is my time waster, LOL! I worked so much before, I am not missing it at all. I think I was so stressed and wore down that this time to rest and recoupe is just what I needed. Other times when I had surgeries....after a few days...It would kill me not to go out...now...I hate to even go out and look at people, lol. It could be that is all I do, look at people, since I work in the public. I hope you get feeling better a little more each day! Take it easy, seriously, like what was sd, we only get this once to heal properly. Overdoing it means more time you will have to find stuff to do. The time flies by and you will be back to your normal life and missing the time for yourself. FYI, there are super woman on here that go back to work in two wks....they truely are super woman...and def don't think they are in the norm for recovery. I have read where woman wake up and not in pain at all or feel like they never even had surgery...I can't imagine....although, wish I felt like that. Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2009, 11:13 AM

Hi there and thx for al the supportive comments. I'm doing ok with knitting and wasting time on the net and sleeping I guess...I just took off my little stickers covering my incision...It's healing nicely but my belly is still a bit numb and swollen...at times it hurts at other times it's o.k. All part of the process....
I wish you all a happy holiday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register