How much time off to expect for Novasure ablation? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How much time off to expect for Novasure ablation? How much time off to expect for Novasure ablation?

Unread 02-15-2008, 04:44 AM
How much time off to expect for Novasure ablation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefGirrl
My surgery is set for tomorrow at noon. I'm nervous, but I know everything will be ok. I'm not allowed anything to eat or drink after midnight. Wish me luck!!
Best of luck!! Take it easy for a couple of days, and you'll be good as new!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Novasure

Jen,

I had the procedure in April of 2006 on a Thursday. I had a small fatty tumor removed from my thigh at the same time. I was only "under" for about 20 mns. I slept all day, had mild cramping that ibuprofin took care of. I felt great after that and cycled my usual 26 miles on Monday. I was nervous going in since I knew no one who had had it done, but it was a breeze for me and well worth it.

Tammy
Unread 02-15-2008, 04:08 PM

I hope all went well today. Please let us know how you are doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 06:45 PM

Hi everyone! I'm doing well. I had my procedure at 1PM. I was hope at 4:30. They gave me IV medicine to relax me before the procedure (I was an emotional wreck). They put the IV heplock in my arm and it hurt so bad. I started tearing up and before you know it I was full blow crying, so hard the bed shook with each breath I took. The med they gave me made me sleepy and comfortable. I sat there about an hour because they were behind in surgeries. Then before I knew it they took me in the OR , was out within two minutes and I woke up just fine in recovery. I was in recovery about an hour. My legs were weak, but I was able to get up and use the bathroom. They took me to a post op, post recovery room and gave me ginger ale and graham crackers. They sent me home with some pain meds and I have cramps similar to my period cramps (horrible, but not worse than I've had every month). Dr. gave myhusband pictures from the hysterscopy an told me to bring them to the follow up appt. in two weeks. Said he found a lot of clots (old and new) more than he expected. He told my husband this procedure was definately needed and the right thing for me. All in all went very well. The hospital staff was great. I've been sleeping until about 7 PM , ate and now I'm reading my email. I feel Ok. I will keep everyone posted on my progress. He're's hoping for no more periods which leave an aftermath all over my house like a horror movie. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but my bathroom decor is white on white and my period sure messes that up. Sorry to be graphic. THanks to all of you and this board for support. I find comfort in reading the posts.

Sincerely,
Jen
Unread 02-18-2008, 12:17 AM
2 days post op and feeling good.

Hi everyone. I'm feeling really good since yesterday, actually I feel quite normal and very pleased about that. It doesn't even feel like I had surgery. The doctor told me I would be fine the next day, but I was hesitant. He was right! I woke up Sat, the morning after surgery feeling 100% back to normal. The dr. gave DH some pics from the hysteroscopy and told me to bring them to my post op appt in two weeks.. Anyone have an idea why? I can't make out anything on the pics. There are four of them. I'll continue to update as time goes on.

Jen
Unread 02-18-2008, 03:54 AM
Endometrial ablation

As you can see from my signature my ablation failed. My uterus is the size of a 4 month pregnancy so I couldn't have the NovaSure. I had the boiling water. I had it on Tuesday and went back to work on Thursday. The only problem was I was a little woozy from the anesthesia. I had some cramping but 800mg Ibuprofen worked. I couldn't take a bath or go swimming for 4 weeks. That was hard because I am a beach junkie! The ablation was my last effort to not have a hysterctomy. I am sorry it didn't work because it really wasn't bad at all! Now I get to recover from major surgery, but I know I will NEVER have another bad period again! I hope you get good results from yours. Take a couple of days to relax and you should be great. I will say a prayer for your quick recovery.
Unread 02-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Update on my progress

Hi everyone. It is ten days post surgery. I'm doing well. I did have some complications with the IV site in my arm. about three days after surgery, I noticed it swelled up , bruised something horrible and after I stopped taking the pain meds for my abdomen, I noticed my arm causing me a lot of pain. Superficial Thrombophlebitis, which I've had before. My veins don't like being infused I guess. I never have a problem giving blood, but anytime they put a heplock in my I have trauma. I gave my arm a rest for a week and I'm doing fine now. As far as the surgery , I'm doing well. I have the expected discharge, nothing horrible. Thanks for everyone's support while I went through all of this. Here's hoping it works!
Unread 03-07-2008, 07:56 PM

hi ReefGirrl... Hope everything is going well for you after the NovaSure Ablation. I am scheduled for a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp, a D&C to clean me out I guess and my doctor suggested I could also have the NovaSure Ablation if I wanted. I have frequent periods (anywhere from 13 day to 26 day cycles with no visible pattern) not necessarily heavy ones. My doc is of the mind that this procedure may help (I have been like this since I was trying to conceive in my early thirties...I am now 51). I guess I am just curious to know how you are doing after having the NovaSure Ablation procedure....... Or how anyone else is doing long term......
Unread 03-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Update on my recovery

Hi. I'm doing fine. I still have some discharge (very light - nothing a pantyliner can't handle). it's been three weeks since the procedure. I have no pain. I feel a little bloated, but other than that I'm doing well. My period was due last week and as far as I can tell, I didn't have it! I would recommend the procedure because even if long term it doesn't resolve problems, it's worth it even for a year or more of no bleeding. I wish you the best of luck. Sincerely Jennifer
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:35 AM
ablation

hi there reef girl, i was wondering what info your doctor gave you before your surgery, i have same problem you were having very heavy periods etc, i have asked for ablation but my doc told me that it is more risky after having a c section, i have had 2 like yourself and tubal ligation, this was 12 year ago, i would appreciate your views on this

regards
andi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register