Pre-Op Sex Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Sex Question Pre-Op Sex Question

Unread 07-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Pre-Op Sex Question

Hello ladies,

Do any of you plan on having one last romp in the hay the day before your surgery? Has anyone been told not to? I know I need to ask my doctor about this, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I've been in a long distance relationship for the past three years, so we only get to enjoy each other sexually for long weekends once a month. He is flying in to take care of me for the first week of my recovery, and will be arriving the day before my surgery. We're anxious to trade some paint before the playground temporarily closes.

What's a girl to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Re: Pre-Op Sex Question

I would like to have one more "romp in the hay" as you call it right before my surgery day on the 11th of July. But I will just have to wait and see what they tell me Friday the 6th of July when I go to the hospital for my pre-op. Good luck hope all goes well. God Bless!
Unread 07-04-2012, 07:21 PM

We did just a few hours before surgery...no one said not to so I figured it must be OK. No one said anything or asked if we did, I had an awesome surgery and an awesome recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2012, 07:35 PM

No one said anything to me about it before surgery, so I figured it was OK. The same way they didn't tell me not to wear nail polish. There was a long enough list of what not to do that I figure they'd add sex to the "do not do" list if they thought it would be a problem.
Unread 07-04-2012, 09:13 PM

My doc encouraged it!! He said he knew it was going to be a while.
Unread 07-04-2012, 10:06 PM

I knew my husband was going to have wait a long time after surgery, so we went for it before. There were no problems.
Unread 07-05-2012, 01:36 PM

Thanks for all the encouraging answers, ladies!! It's so great to get answers from people that have 'been there, done that', or are experiencing the same countdown issues that I am.

So happy I found this site. Peace!
Unread 07-06-2012, 05:12 AM

lol, funny you should mention it....

I'm in on Monday so this weekend is going to have fireworks! 6 weeks seems like such a long time so I better make it count
Unread 07-06-2012, 10:51 AM

Keep in mind it may be longer than 6 wks. That is an average and barring no complications. We did every day for 3 days prior to surgery. After surgery we did at 9 1/2 wks. That was a personal choice because although cleared I was not "sufficiently" healed in there and still having pain. I waited a little longer and all was well! Everyone is different
Unread 07-06-2012, 01:25 PM

Knowing that my husband and I would not be able to have sexual intercours for 8 months post op, we did the night before. We also looked into other ways to be intimate before my surgery. I collected the best information from Cosmo magazine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register