Hematoma issue after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hematoma issue after hysterectomy Hematoma issue after hysterectomy

Unread 03-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Hematoma issue after hysterectomy

Jen, 42 years old. Had my hysterectomy (27-feb) laparoscopic w/ vag removal, retrocele repair, and an emergency cystocele repair because my bladder got cut in the process. went home the day after with catheter and pain meds.

Returned to doctor the fri after surgery due to a high fever spike. Was told I was constipated and possible bladder infection, sent home with antibiotics and instructions on how to get poo to flow. I spent fri, say, & sun, in horrific pain & stomach cramps only pooing quarter sizes amounts. Finally got a good amount to pass while laying on floor of shower in fetal position. 4 times on my feet good times let me tell you

Ended Up in the ER on Tues night with severe pressure and high fever. 6 hours later filled with pain meds, blood work galore, and a cat scan. They discovered that I have a hematoma the size of an orange pushing into my bowels and bladder, hence the issue poking AND a raging kidney/ bladder infection that I was already on meds for. Oh that constipation the dr found on Friday... was the hematoma!!!!! I got sent home with instructions to keep up with the meds, move as much as possible, keep poo soft and a follow up on Wed.

I am absolutely miserable bowel movements are excruciating and take 5 or more tries to get it all out. I realized yesterday afternoon that I am almost out of pain meds and I called doctor. I don't have enough to take them properly and get through Monday.

anybody with experience with this and/ or suggestions? I was feeling great until last Friday. Ugh TIA!

Jen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojen View Post
Jen, 42 years old. Had my hysterectomy (27-feb) laparoscopic w/ vag removal, retrocele repair, and an emergency cystocele repair because my bladder got cut in the process. went home the day after with catheter and pain meds.

Returned to doctor the fri after surgery due to a high fever spike. Was told I was constipated and possible bladder infection, sent home with antibiotics and instructions on how to get poo to flow. I spent fri, say, & sun, in horrific pain & stomach cramps only pooing quarter sizes amounts. Finally got a good amount to pass while laying on floor of shower in fetal position. 4 times on my feet good times let me tell you

Ended Up in the ER on Tues night with severe pressure and high fever. 6 hours later filled with pain meds, blood work galore, and a cat scan. They discovered that I have a hematoma the size of an orange pushing into my bowels and bladder, hence the issue poking AND a raging kidney/ bladder infection that I was already on meds for. Oh that constipation the dr found on Friday... was the hematoma!!!!! I got sent home with instructions to keep up with the meds, move as much as possible, keep poo soft and a follow up on Wed.

I am absolutely miserable bowel movements are excruciating and take 5 or more tries to get it all out. I realized yesterday afternoon that I am almost out of pain meds and I called doctor. I don't have enough to take them properly and get through Monday.

anybody with experience with this and/ or suggestions? I was feeling great until last Friday. Ugh TIA!

Jen.
Hi,
So sorry you're going thru this. I have a hematoma size of a golf ball above my cuff. I had it for about 3 weeks but just now started having really severe abdominal cramps. Pain pills not really working. I don't know if it's gas or hematoma related. Just trying to see if I should go to the ER.
Unread 03-11-2017, 09:57 PM
Re: Hematoma issue

When I did they gave me it pain meds which work bettter than oral, imo and did a cat scan. Try putting a heating pad on your belly and see if that helps. Does your make your bum hurt? I feel like I have been punched in the bum and I can't lay on my back for long.

I would say if you feel worse go.... then they can see if it got infected or bigger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojen View Post
When I did they gave me it pain meds which work bettter than oral, imo and did a cat scan. Try putting a heating pad on your belly and see if that helps. Does your make your bum hurt? I feel like I have been punched in the bum and I can't lay on my back for long.

I would say if you feel worse go.... then they can see if it got infected or bigger.
Hi,
More like really strong contractions.I just don't have a fever. It's been 2 days. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. My post op appointment isn't until the 20th of march. I'm glad you went in and got treated. I pray you a speedy recovery! Thanks for all your help!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register