TAH One month post hysterectomy: Strange pain in groin | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One month post hysterectomy: Strange pain in groin One month post hysterectomy: Strange pain in groin

Unread 11-10-2014, 05:05 PM
One month post hysterectomy: Strange pain in groin

Hi -

My TAH was 10/8. Overall I thought I was doing pretty well with recovery but last few days am experiencing a burning pain on the right side of groin. It's not near incision and it feels like something is torn or tearing inside. At first I was only experiencing the pain if I turned the wrong way in bed or getting in the car, but now the pain is lingering and it seems to occur if I'm standing for a period of time - like just now trying to help my husband in the kitchen with dinner. I had to go sit down.

Is anyone else experiencing same or similar pain?

I'm supposed to return to work next Wed. which will be the end of my 6 week medical leave. I live in Queens, NY and will not be looking forward to commuting to Manhattan.

I had my two week follow-up with surgeon and was not experiencing this pain at that time. The nurse said some patients see doctor again 5 weeks after the two week appointment. That would be the week after I return to work. I'm wondering now if I should try and go back and see her sooner.

Ugh. I really thought I'd be fully recovered by now. Maybe I was too optimistic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Re: Strange pain in groin

Ugh. I have that pain off and on. I really dislike it. I don't know if your Dr. will be able to do anything as I think it is one of those healing pains. My Dr. told me to take a pain pill and rest when I called about it.

But it probably won't hurt to call and see if the nurse feels it is something that should be looked at by your Dr.

Unread 11-10-2014, 06:14 PM

Thanks Lynn -

I think I will call Dr's office tomorrow.

Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2014, 06:45 PM

If you feel like your not ready to go back to work, let your doctor know , only you know how you feel physically . I have had the same pains now and again. I've noticed that I get them when I have been very active. I will take pain meds as needed. Hope all is well with you!!
Unread 11-10-2014, 07:34 PM

I have a similar pain too. I have read from other thteads that it is probably a healing ligament , muscle or nerve. To me it feels like a ligament as it happens in certain positions. Walking really stretches it out and eases / stops the horrid stinging sensation. I have had a pulled ligament before and it felt similarly pinchy and uncomfortable. As with those other annoying hysterectomy body surprises it is healing with time.

I am beginning to learn that my anxiety has no bearing on the healing process and plan to cut back! Look after yourself and use the sisters - do they help alleviste that horrible anxiety or what?! X
Unread 11-10-2014, 08:34 PM

I discussed all my pains pulls aches and burns today with my doc he said that is all normal. Just remember we had major surgery although some of us it don't seem like it without big incisions and such. And those of us with cervix removed have more healing to do inside.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register