4 weeks post hysterectomy - excruciating lower back pain at times | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy -  excruciating lower back pain at times 4 weeks post hysterectomy - excruciating lower back pain at times

Unread 08-21-2016, 09:05 PM
4 weeks post hysterectomy - excruciating lower back pain at times

Hi there!
I am four weeks postop. I had a complete hysterectomy. (Zero cancer was found but still took everything with family history.)
I am experiencing excruciating lower back pain at times. I've run one course of antibiotics for a UTI, bladder infection & an infected incision all while having a severe sinus infection.
I'm very active. I was told that I could begin exercising already. I'm walking between 1.5 and 3 miles a day. Swimming. My doctor says just to know my body. But now I have this new lower back pain. And I feel like my right leg is retaining water.
Don't get me started on HRT. Lol
Advice for the newbie! TY!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2016, 02:02 AM
4 weeks post hysterectomy - excruciating lower back pain at times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2gs View Post
Hi there!
I am four weeks postop. I had a complete hysterectomy. (Zero cancer was found but still took everything with family history.)
I am experiencing excruciating lower back pain at times. I've run one course of antibiotics for a UTI, bladder infection & an infected incision all while having a severe sinus infection.
I'm very active. I was told that I could begin exercising already. I'm walking between 1.5 and 3 miles a day. Swimming. My doctor says just to know my body. But now I have this new lower back pain. And I feel like my right leg is retaining water.
Don't get me started on HRT. Lol
Advice for the newbie! TY!!
Hi, well welcome to the post op side & congrats on being cancer free! Its possible that youre doing a bit much. Backaches are common post op. If you can take an ibrophrophen, then 45 min later, Lay flat, rolled towel behind nape of neck. Knees up w a pillow under knees.

Some sisters have reported fluid retention. I thonk its best to. Call your Dr re the fluid at your leg & back aches..

feel better!
Unread 08-22-2016, 05:22 AM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy - excruciating lower back pain at times

I agree with Laila about activity level. While there's nothing wrong with getting back into it - I was walking about 1.5-2 miles at 4 weeks - we have to recognize that ur core/abs were just about nullified from surgery, even for those of us had laparoscopic (like me) or robotic. To make up for that, our backs are working overtime to compensate. I'm 3 months post op and resumed running a few weeks ago among other things, but two days ago, I mopped the kitchen floor and vacuumed for the first time since surgery. Zingers and tightness in the back the next day! Our bodies have a way of telling us we're overdoing it, which is why the advice is to ramp up slowly.

I too would call about the edema in your leg.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register