my experience | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my experience my experience

Unread 05-25-2008, 04:08 PM
my experience

I had a full hysterectomy on Jan 24th. I thought everything went well, untill i got home and had my first BM. Within an hour i started throwing up and servere stomach pain. My husband called 911 and they rushed me to the hospital, come to find out during surgery when they removed one of my ovaries they punctured a hole in my colon. so i had to have a temp. colostomy bag for 4 months. The whole experience have been awful. but june 12th iam having it reversed. just wanted to share my experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2008, 04:12 PM
my experience

Lorrie, so sorry to hear you are having such a bad time! I'll keep you in my prayers!!
Unread 05-25-2008, 04:44 PM
my experience

OH my Lorrie!!! thank God that you are ok and are able to reverse that soon.....I will pray that everything goes smooth and you feel better really soon...hang in there hon...you are almost there.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2008, 06:51 PM
my experience

OMG! I hope that you are doing better now. I will keep you in my prayers for you victory day from the colostomy bag! Since I do not know much about the colon stuff; was the 4 months of the colostomy bag due to the healing process? Anyway, I am sorry you had this experience and I wish you the best. Sending You a Big Hug! Jennifer
Unread 05-25-2008, 07:39 PM
my experience

Sorry to hear this happened to you.I know about colostomy bags as I had to take care of my motherinlaw when she had one & it made her feel horrible,just not femine at all.So I know you cant wait for the reversal.You will have to be careful for life with youre eatting habits.She had scar tissue obstructions. So you have to exercise when allowed walking,drinking lots of water & be very consious of constipation & pain.I am sure you have a GI surgeon at this point who will give the best advise,Big Hugs to you A hysterectomy is no where near as traumatic as dealing with what you have been.
Unread 06-01-2008, 02:02 PM
my experience

OH, YOU POOR SWEETIE!!!!!!

Believe it or not, this was one of my greatest fears before I went in to surgery!

I even told my doctor, very nicely & nonchalantly, that 'please don't nick my bowels...as I do not want to wake up with a colostomy'!!!!!!!

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS MISTAKE THAT A DR CAN MAKE!
YOUR BODY BECOMES TOXIC!

I hope you are healing well...my heart goes out to you!!!

HUGS!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register