I'am just so tired | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'am just so tired I'am just so tired

Unread 06-22-2007, 08:23 PM
I'am just so tired

I can't seem to sleep at night since I sched my surgery. During the day I keep myself so busy cleaning and running errands that I feel like I'am going to fall flat on my face!! I keep expanding my things to do list...Two days ago I painted my bathroom!! I'am working so hard during the day to take my mind of my surgery but at night I can't seem to escape it.
I'am so ready to have this surgery but my nerves are shot.

Is anybody else doing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2007, 08:40 PM
I'am just so tired

i'm 6 months post op, but had the same problem waiting on my surgery. it wasn't too much of a problem to keep busy during the day but when i went to bed, i would just lay there and couldn't sleep. i tried fighting it because i had to go to work the next day. i'm not sure why it happened. i'm just glad the waiting was over with. it's very stressful waiting and not knowing what will happen. i think it's normal. i slept with my laptop alot because i spent my sleepless nights in here reading and reading and reading. that's what got me thru it.
Unread 06-22-2007, 08:42 PM
I'am just so tired

Oh yes, I could not sleep at all until I had my surgery. I had the dr. perscribe me some sleeping pills for the night before.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2007, 08:51 PM
I'am just so tired

I've been busy during the day also. I've completely redecorated our house! It's a good thing I'm working uptil Sunday cuz I'm running out of things to do. I've even put in 2 new flower beds! Now all that's left to do is daily stuff & wash all the beddings. I've stayed on here reading til midnight, then I read till I just can't keep my eyes open. My mind was so busy Monday this week thinking about what I won't be able to do after the surgery that I decided to take my 11 yo ds fishing all day. It was soooo hot, but I didn't dwell on things and I slept like a baby that night.

Good luck resting, just think you're down to a lil over 2 weeks to go & it'll be over with!
Unread 06-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Ditto...

Ditto...Ditto...Ditto...

And once I do finally go to sleep, my dreams have been so busy that I wake up in the morning feeling like I've run a marathon! CRAZY dreams...

And I'm painting all of my outdoor furniture...I had hopes of paining my entry way too, but I think I'm starting to realize that might not be practical...We'll see!

I also keep offering to take my sister's son off her hands (she just had a c-section)...after I offer and she gladly takes me up on it....I'm like ...I don't even feel like taking care of my own children this week...But before I know what's happening, there I am saying "Do you want me to take Sam for the day?"

I just can't wait for July 11...It can't come soon enough!!!
Unread 06-22-2007, 09:12 PM
I'am just so tired

oh my gosh I'am so glad for my hystersisters...Its good to know your not alone in this roller coaster.

Damewm-I have been redecorating also and have the flower beds on my list for this weekend
Unread 06-22-2007, 09:28 PM
I'am just so tired

You definitely aren't alone. I haven't slept more then 3 hours a night in about 2 weeks. I am exhausted!! I'm planning on picking up some pm medicine this weekend so I might get some rest before surgery. I hate taking anything too strong b/c my dh works 3rd shift so I'm home w/ the kids by myself.. scared something would happen and I'd be knocked out. I think subconciously it may be the surgery but I don't really think about it at all.. just can't sleep. Hope you get some rest!!!
Unread 06-23-2007, 04:02 AM
I'am just so tired

Last week I took down all the drapes in the house and washed them! What a PAIN! Literally! I had to iron 6 curtain panels and put those STUPID pins back in the other 8 panels! Normally I wouldn't CARE about those curtains! I wore myself out!

Today/tomorrow I have hubby here...I was going to get him to help me move some crapola around(have boxes and extra bed/mattress to put SOMEWHERE besides the hall/living room!) Monday, I'm having "Girlie Day" with my daughter...if I decide not to finish all my "projects", I'll have the rest of my life to CLEAN!lol I was only worried about people coming in my house and witnessing...but you know, I LACK THE ENERGY TO CARE at this point! I did too much last week and my bod paid for it!

I'll wipe down the kitchen and bathroom and vac my bedroom FOR SURE(also put fresh sheets)....but other than that, just thinking about it exhaust me.

I woke up at 3 am this am THINKING...got up at 4am and started drinking coffee...gonna be a long day!
Unread 06-23-2007, 05:46 AM
I'am just so tired

I am not sleeping well either, however it is not thinking about my surgery. It is my job.

I feel like I am under so much pressure & stress to get anything that needs done while I am out on leave....I go to bed at night & think all what I need to get done before July 5th for work. It is driving me nuts & stressing me out. I should be thinking about getting things for myself while I am off, until I can drive.
Unread 06-23-2007, 07:06 AM
I'am just so tired

I remember those weeks before my surgery ladies. It's kind of like the "nesting syndrome" before having a baby. Think of all the work you're getting done around the house!!! What really helped me was just staying focused on the outcome...NO MORE PAIN !!!!! I also visualized that great feeling in the recovery room being told that all was done & all I needed to do now was lay around & recover.

I know at this point nothing anyone says can totally ease your fears, but I am a "professional worrier" & trust me, I worried about a TON of stuff needlessly!!! I can only tell you that in my case I felt a huge difference as to how much better I felt as soon as I was in the recovery room. I knew those nasty fibroids were gone, & that icky uterus. ALso, I thought I would be totally incapacitated for the whole 6 weeks - not true!!! I have been so blessed with a great recovery & have gotten a lot done around the house & in the garden, that I wish I had another 6 weeks!!!

Please try to get your body & mind rested up, you'll need to be in good health for your upcoming visit to the castle. Think positive thoughts - it REALLY helps with the outcome.

Hugs to all of you,
Leopard fanatic
TAH/BSO
5/23/07

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register