4 days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post op 4 days post op

Unread 10-28-2007, 06:14 AM
4 days post op

Hi Ladies. I had a tah, bso on Wed 19/24. Was home by Friday. Was not at all as bad as I thought it would be. Surgery took like an hour and a half. I was on the morphine pump like 12 hours then went on oral meds. Pain wasn't that bad. I have no horror stories to share. No vomiting. I was up walking the halls the next day and eating everthing I could get my hands on. Now its healing time for me which I intend to do. Just glad to be home. THE WAITING WAS DEFINITLY THE WORST PART!!!!!!!. Good luck to everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2007, 06:26 AM
4 days post op

Welcome home!

As you'll probably be told dozen of times, take it easy and be careful not to overdo things. Even when you feel great.

Rest, drink lots of water, and allow yourself to heal.

Isn't it wonderful to be on the post-op side now?

Best wishes!
Unread 10-28-2007, 06:56 AM
4 days post op

Yay Lunatic!!!!

I'm so glad the scary part's over for you! Don't let the feeling good trick you into doing more than you should. You have hundreds of internal stitches that need to sit quietly to do their job. Be a princess, keep your feet up and don't feel obligated to do any more than that. Enjoy the right to do nothing for the next six weeks. You probably won't get another chance to do that. Welcome to the other side.

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2007, 08:57 AM
4 days post op

Hi! I'm 8 weeks post-op. Had my TAH on August 28th. My surgery wasn't as bad as I anticipated either. The best advice I received and followed was, take your time and heal. Don't rush to return to anything. I'm back to work and doing great! I was off oral pain meds within two weeks. You will feel a little better every day! It's all up hill from here!
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:54 AM
4 days post op

Hi, I also had a TAH on Wednesday, 10/24 and was home Friday, doing better than I expected. The worst thing is the gas pains and going to the bathroom. I found that apple cider helps and eating light. I'm so glad I found this website because Its nice to know I'm not alone. I needed to be reminded that I need time to heal and the rest can wait. Thanks for all the great advise!
Unread 10-28-2007, 04:41 PM
4 days post op

Hi there!!!
Glad to hear you're doing so well!!!
I also just had a TAH (and also had my gallbladder taken out)
on Thursday 10/25 and they sent me home yesterday Saturday 10/27.
Yes, I think waiting was the worst part.
I'm not in pain (thanks to vicodin) and I am walking to the bathroom
by myself.
I plan on taking it really easy for the next 2 weeks (at the bare minimum).
My husband took time off work. He is doing all the cooking, cleaning, keeping the kids busy & quiet, etc.
(Heck, I should have had done this done sooner!!!)
Rest, rest, rest!!!!
Have a restful day!!!

1catlady
tah 10/25/07
Unread 10-29-2007, 03:16 PM
4 days post op

thank you all for the info!!!!
Unread 10-29-2007, 04:26 PM
4 days post op

lunatic
Glad your feeling so well I had surgery the same day a LSH and feel extrodinary, Rest and heal I feel so happy to be on this side waiting was the pits.
Unread 10-31-2007, 12:07 AM
4 days post op

Hi There Lunatic!!!

We posted before our surgeries and I've been wondering if you are ok? So glad to hear that you are doing well!!!! I had a Lap Hyster on 10/24 as well. I'm doing great, just a bit of pain in the swelly belly. My uterus was 22 weeks!!!

I've probably been doing a bit too much, so then my belly swells up a bit. Other than that, waiting was the hardest part and I'm so, so, very glad that I had the Hyster......

Take care,
Kerri
Unread 10-31-2007, 07:16 AM
4 days post op

HI kerri,

So glad your doing well. I'm ok too. Now its time to heal lol. Going to DR tomorrow to get staples out. Still just kinda hanging around on couch. Keep in touhcg with your progress.
Take care, Barbara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register