New Painful Leg cramps since Feb 2015 surgery - Any Advice? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Painful Leg cramps since Feb 2015 surgery - Any Advice? New Painful Leg cramps since Feb 2015 surgery - Any Advice?

Unread 02-20-2015, 02:46 AM
New Painful Leg cramps since Feb 2015 surgery - Any Advice?

Had my surgery on Tuesday, came home on Wednesday and still haven't had a BM. I took some milk of magnesia at the hospital and Mira ax when I got home, but still can't go. Gas is coming out but I still feel very bloated and full feeling. I've moved onto castor oil now since that's all I have in the house. It just seems like a long time without going #2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2015, 03:09 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 16-Feb 22,2015

Anyone have severe lower back pain w their hysterectomy? Aside from that I feel fine, but whoa is the back pain nasty!
Unread 02-20-2015, 04:55 AM

Surgery was yesterday (February 19th) and I feel amazing. When I became coherent in recovery I immediately felt so much better than I have in, well who knows. I cannot even express it. I have slept off and on tonight. I was able to come home last night as I had a total robotic hysterectomy leaving ovaries. My pain is honestly a .5 on a 0 to 10. Well right this second it's a 0 but .5 is asmall bad as its gotten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Becky~ View Post
I had my surgery yesterday. It was supposed to be daVinci surgery, but after the first incision, my doctor realized that the adhesions from my endometriosis were too involved. So she switched to a total abdominal. So I have a smaller incision above my belly button and a large incision across my bikini line. Surgery went well, but lots of endo had to be removed. My doc said that my uterus was basically super glued to my bladder, my bowels were glued to my ovaries, my intestines were a mess. So I'm very sore from all the work she had to do in there. She took my uterus, cervix, tubes, and ovaries.

I had a rough time of it in recovery, breathing difficulties and a lot of pain. Last night was pretty tough and I didn't get much sleep. Today was much better, but still pretty sore. Luckily the nurses are taking great care of me. The plan is for me to go home tomorrow, though my doc said she's fine with letting me staying an extra night if I don't feel ready. I think I'll be good to go home tomorrow, but we'll see.

They finally removed my catheter this afternoon and I was able to pee on my own. I also took a shower, which felt great. I'm sore and slow, but I'm thrilled to be on this side of it! Now I just need to rest and recover.
I hope you are doing better now. I am a few days behind you surgery wise but please takeep it easy.
Unread 02-20-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesmis333 View Post
New here so forgive me if I don't know the proper posting etiquette! I'm 27 years old and had a LAVH/BSO and a vestibulectomy yesterday 2/17 around 9:30am. Was discharged at 10:30pm with Tylenol. I was in severe pain and ended up back to my physician's office this morning. He wrote my stronger pain meds and an estrogen patch. Also discovered I have large bleeding hunner's ulcers inside of my bladder caused by IC. I don't know if it's the pain, fatigue, hormonal changes or realization I will never have children but I have been incredibly sad today. Hoping the pain calms down soon. Hugs to all and prayers for quick recoveries ❤️
Hugs sister. that's all I know to say.
Unread 02-20-2015, 05:25 AM
Day 2

My catheter was removed early this morning! I have already gone to the rest room alone. I'm up and moving along with other things (gas) lol. Still tired but my nurse keeps saying I barely use my pain meds and I'm the easiest and best patient ever!
Unread 02-20-2015, 05:37 AM

Just had my hysterectomy. Less than 24 hours. I was so anxiety driven getting to the hospital that I am had that there was a question section in the Hyster Sister booklet that was glad I had problems I was having with the VERY PAIN FUL CRAMPS and headachs I was having...blood clots passing and ). Im also understanding that the kinder and bladder infections that led to antibiotics, may have been from yhe uterus causing my bladder troubles as well. My family practice doctor seems to be live there is s co- relation. I dont know yet...and I dont think docs know yet either. So it is 4:30 am Panic Time here, so I think I will order my breakfast now and TRY to go back to sleep!!
Unread 02-20-2015, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djohnson135 View Post
Anyone have severe lower back pain w their hysterectomy? Aside from that I feel fine, but whoa is the back pain nasty!
Yes, I'm having back pain too. Mine is eminating from my colon where the tumors were pressing. A sharp like pain perodically, and a dull like pain most of the time.although it's getting less and less.
Unread 02-20-2015, 06:04 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 16-Feb 22,2015

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_newwelcome.html

Please check out the above Link. It will really help you learn to navigate the site like a PRO!

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_97130.htm

I am so sorry many of you have back pain. The above link describes it.
Try the heating pad on the warm setting. Also adjust several small pillows or try a long body pillow...the sell for around 10 ish in most "mainstream" chains. You may find sitting in a recliner or propping pillows up on your side. Your poor back takes a huge hit as it tries to compensate for your now weaker abdominal muscles.

Hang in there and please take your pain meds as scheduled! Don't let the pain drag on. Your body needs to concentrate on healing, not fighting pain.
Be good patients!
Unread 02-20-2015, 06:46 AM

I had my total vaginal hysterectomy done February 19, 2015. I'm in the hospital writing this as I recover. I kept both ovaries. Everything else is gone. They had me on morphine yesterday which made me vomit about 4 x's which wasn't fun. Now I'm just experiencing cramps & lower back pain. I'm no longer taking any pain killers because I don't want to get sick again. Hopefully I'll get discharged today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register