The great ugly laundry monster | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The great ugly laundry monster The great ugly laundry monster

Unread 09-14-2004, 11:19 AM
The great ugly laundry monster

Alright, I need to know something. Does anyone else have ppl coming into their house and dropping off their laundry? I am quite positive that is what is happening here. I spent three days last week doing laundry with Thursday being my last. Of course, I left a load in the washing machine, needless to say, I will be redoeing it! My question is, where the heck do the piles come from? I had one load left, plus the yucky wet load. I walked downstairs this morning, thinking, ok, maybe three loads...give or take....Oh my gosh, there was piles to the ceiling! It was everywhere. Does this stuff reproduce for cryin out loud? I will be doing laundry for the next week, and may even have to put off surgery for this monumental task. How in heavens name will my DH and DS ever be able to do this without me? I do this weekly and if quite frankly scares the bejeebles out of me!! Will my poor 12 year old need to go to school nekkid for two weeks until I am up and around? And poor hubby, he may actually have to stay nekkid all day (Hey I might like that!! On second thought, it might be hard to watch all that man and know I cant have...) Anyways I digress.....Now that I have something completely different to worry about, any suggestions on how to keep my men in clothing for the months I am unable to do laundry (YES. months, please dont tell them!!) would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to walk downstairs and have a mountain of dirty clothing actually attack me! It could hurt my poor surgeried body....It could tackle me for pity sakes....

Kat
(Please understand this was mainly just humor. I find it so frustrating when I do laundry, and I go back later just to find it has somehow multiplied all over again. Well except for the socks, they seem to turn into other things, but only ever one in a pair does that!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2004, 11:44 AM

Apparently we have the same problem. i spent all weekend doing laundry, cleaning out summer clothes out of the closets etc. I probably did 10 loads of laundry. This mornign when I walked in my girls rooms their clothes baskets were full and my DH had a pile in our closet. Where did this all come from?? They must have changed clothes 10 times since Sunday!!! ugh 6-8 weeks without lifting laundry...oh lord what a nightmare!!!

Michelle
Unread 09-14-2004, 11:45 AM

oops! I was hoping you wouldn't catch me

Next time remember to bleach my white socks.

I'm feeling the laundry crunch too. I swear my husband puts in clean clothes just to watch me do laundry.

((HUGS))

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2004, 11:47 AM

I hear ya!

I can never keep our laundry "caught up".
Unread 09-14-2004, 11:50 AM

Giggle, giggle, LOL
I've posted instructions on how to operate the washing machine and dryer, right over the machines........I don't think anyone has read them....They probably think I put them there for myself ...in case I forget how.
Unread 09-14-2004, 12:18 PM

I thought I had this problem solved because I decided to make everyone do their own laundry, and I would do just mine and the towels and stuff like that. Unfortunately this didn't work because the only one bothered by the lack of clean clothes was me. The house started to smell funny because of my son's laundry, and my daughter got permanent stains from letting hers sit around for weeks at a time. I even caught my husband buying new underwear to replace the dirty items he was throwing away!

And I know I taught them all about separating colors, but do any of them do that either? Yuck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register