3 cm fibroid | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-10-2012, 11:12 PM
3 cm fibroid

After reading and researching my 3 cm fibroid is tiny compared to others, but yet I seem to have sharp pains and pressure at times. I just had surgery on Jan. 5 2012 for ovarian cysts and had a cyst removed, plus he did a d and c and removed a bunch of fibroids but could not remove this last one. He did agree that next time he would take my uterus. What confuses me is how could I be having lots of symptoms from one tiny fibroid?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Re: 3 cm fibroid

I have 3cm fibroid also. I have same sharp pains and just feel heavy or full alot. So I also thought 3cm is small but it actually measures 1.18 inch. I don't think that is so small, it is about the size of my finger from the tip to just past the nuckle. And inside such a small area I think thats rather large. I sympathize with the women who have larger, if my supposed little one hurts so much.
Unread 02-11-2012, 07:12 AM

I don't know what cm mine is, all the doctor said is it was large and the size of a 3 month pregnancy and it totally fills my uterus. I am having a LAH but it will have to come out in pieces.
I am hoping this surgery helps with the huge amount of bloating and pressure I have in my tummy. The doctor said this should help unless I have a inflamed bowel... guessing he will see that during the bladder suspension.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2012, 07:37 AM

wow....totally fills it!! poor thing! good luck with your surgery! I am sure you will feel better!
Unread 02-11-2012, 07:50 AM

Thank you Kay, its coming right up. Just can't imagine a swelly belly bigger then I am now LOL.... just looking forward to the end results.
Unread 02-11-2012, 08:24 AM

Katie & Kay, Ok I'm not alone. My cysts are a bout 3.4 cm each. One on the right and one on the left. My dr. said that the right one is taking care of itself. …yeah it's taking care of something making me miserable and uncomfortable all the time.
I eat and I feel full, I bend over and want to be sick and not to mention at the waist, bloated and feeling like "aunt flow" is visiting WITH cramps 24/7.

The March 13th can't come fast enough for me.
:b

good luck ladies. I will keep you in my prayers.
Unread 02-11-2012, 08:44 AM

CarolAnn, that is exactly how I feel. I have a cup of coffee when I get up and I felt like I ate a whole meal. I hope this surgery stops that.
I can't wait until Tuesday...YAY!!! relief finally coming
Good luck Ladies
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:37 AM

Before my latest surgery that took out my right ovary because of cysts, and he removed many fibroids from my uterus I had the feeling full fast, and nausea. I was in pain much more than I am now. I am just mad that he didn't take my uterus and left me with a fibroid. I had relief for a couple weeks, my last period was a normal one. Now again if I walk or do too much I get sharp pains and pressure still.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register