Heart Palpatations And Freeky Nights | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Heart Palpatations And Freeky Nights Heart Palpatations And Freeky Nights

Unread 08-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Heart Palpatations And Freeky Nights

AM I ON THE WRONG MESSAGE BOARD??? Maybe I should be in hormone jungle or is anybody else out there having wild dreams, waking up with heart palps, sometimes during the day too, just two weeks from surgery. It could be my hormones also, since I am in menopause, the surgery is for abnormal bleeding and hyperplasia. For anybody out there having surgery and already going through menopause can you help me??? Hugs, Denna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2004, 02:21 PM

Hi Denna...I've also been going through the thrills of menopause...I've been experienceing the hot flashes and night sweats and waking up with palpatations since my mid 30's...I am now 46. Palpatations when I wake are the worse. My doctor has me on toprol to combat those. He also was nice enough yesterday (my primary physician) to ask me how I was handling the thought of surgery emotionally. He told me to be truthful with him and I was. He perscribed me ativan and klonopin to get me through the next 15 days. He's trying to make this as stressfree for me as he can. I give him credit for that. When I told my gyno how scared I was, she just ignored the statement...I'm sure she hears that on a daily basis. I do believe that hormones are a reason for the palps...mine are a lot worse 4 days before my period and 3 days into it. I also have hyperplasia and abnormal bleeding...doc says we need to get rid of the hyperplasia before it turns into nasties...my words, not hers...laughing..I like my words better. Anyways, bug hugs Denna...you are not alone...We'll be better on the better side ...God Bless

Mich
Unread 08-31-2004, 02:30 PM

Hi Mich---Thanks so much for the info. I have been on Valium for 30 years and I can honestly tell you it does not do much any more its just that my body is used to it and that along with my inderal (beta blocker) keeps the palps from becoming full blown tacycardia, which used to be a serious problem for me and thats why palps bother me so. I think its also because of the hormones, I dont have periods anymore, or so I thought until last month hyperplaisa hit me and that is the second time in 2 years and was lucky enough to not have the a typical cells in the biopsy. I have been cutting my valium back to someday not take it anymore, but the doctors think its a good medicine for me so I get confused, its just hard when they give it to me in the hospital because I need at least 25 mgs to make it work, but trust me they give you really relaxing stuff, you dont know what hit you, at least I didnt when I told the anthesiologist how nervous I was during my D and C (emergency), she said no problem and I dont remember anything else till they woke me up and said it over !!! Keep in touch, our surgeries are close to each other, Hugs, Denna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2004, 03:17 PM

I feel bad for you if your not getting what you need from the valium. You've told the doctor it doesn't seem to be working for you anymore? I think now that your surgery is just two weeks away, you could use something to help..even if it's to be able to get a good night sleep. I did read somewheres that you can't take it right before surgery cuz of the anesthesia, but the help now would be welcomed I bet.
I was put ito the hospital in Jan & Feb due to tachycardia...not the kind that would kill me they say, just the one that will make my life miserable...now those are his wurds this time...lol...so that is why I'm on the toprol. They told me the tachycardia was caused by an over active thyroid...I'm waiting to see if all these symptoms go away after the surgery. Seeing they all came together, the can leave together too...lol..and whatever they gave you for your D&C, I want some of that..

Hugs galore,

Mich
Unread 08-31-2004, 04:03 PM

Hi Mich, actually if I take my valium 3 times per day at the time I should, I stay pretty ok but under the circumstances and during a panic attack it has taken up to 50 mgs to put me down, thats the jest of it. I dont wish to get on anything else cause I truly dont need it. My cardiologist actually wants me to take Inderal the morning I wake up for surgery and my scheduled time for valium would not be until 10:00 the next day so no problem there as long as they give me a small amount somewhere in the day, I am sure the meds they give will keep us pain free, my heart is due to mvp, mitral valve prolapse which started in my 20's, it was harmless then but became very serious in later years and would last so long that it was starting to create scar tissue, that why I stay on the meds. My cardiologist did say if I were to have lots of episodes, there is a new surgery (outpatient) that they zap an area of the heart that stops it but mine is pretty much under control, but no matter how they tell you it is ok, its the scariest thing huh??? Hugs, Denna,, I will ask during preop about my meds.....
Unread 08-31-2004, 04:18 PM

Hi again Denna...yeah, it's the scariest. My doctor asked me yesterday that even though he tells me my heart will be ok, I don't feel secure in that knowledge do I? I told him "no, I don't"...it is scary. I mean, the heart is a very important organ...lol...anyways, good idea about asking about the meds at pre-op...I want to make sure that I can still have my heart meds while I'm in the castle. They go with me where ever I go...When I read through all the comments from everyone, I say "oh, good question" and I put it down onto my compiled list of questions for pre-op.

Hugs galore!

Mich

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register