3 days post hysterectomy - constipation concerns | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days post hysterectomy - constipation concerns 3 days post hysterectomy - constipation concerns

Unread 12-05-2015, 12:42 PM
3 days post hysterectomy - constipation concerns

Hey there! I had a TVH on Wed (now Sat) and have stopped pain meds mainly Bc I'm terrified of making the constipation worse. All these stories on here have me horrified of the pain and possible problems. I live in fear of these internal stitches. �� I'm doing miralax in every drink and trying to stay hydrated. I have Factor V so no leafy greens allowed. Any other suggestions or "it'll be ok" pep talks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2015, 02:58 PM

Hi I know that being constipated is no fun I'm already 4 days post-op and like I said the stool softener help the laxative I got was Dulcolax and I only took one the first time no gas pains from this. It took almost 12 hrs for it to kick in. But didn't have to force at all. Now I take one every morning and drink plenty of water. I have been ok since. I will take one percet before bed to help sleep. But during the day I take Advil if I feel a little uncomfortable with the pain. Don't give up it will be ok. I go for a little walk also which helps a lot to keep things moving. Hope this helps feel better soon!😀
Unread 12-06-2015, 03:07 PM
Re: 3 days post hysterectomy - constipation concerns

I am in the same situation. Surgery 3 December. I have been in this situation before after other surgeries. I have only found a little relief though still very uncomfortable. I do not want to force it. So I am taking miralax , Colace, warm prune juice, pea soup and will be having cooked spinach tonight. I am also walking around inside the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2015, 08:37 AM
Re: 3 days post hysterectomy - constipation concerns

I had a TAH on November 17th got home the 20th. Started miralax once daily didn't have 1st bowel movement until the 24th of November. It takes a while for it to happen but it will just keep taking your prep daily.
Unread 12-08-2015, 10:18 AM

My first bowel movement was on day 6. What worked for me included daily walks, peppermint tea and prunes with my breakfast, and cherries with my lunch. Also enjoy some dark chocolate, an excellent source of magnesium, which can also help to get things moving; you can also take magnesium in supplemental form. To avoid straining your internal stitches, sit on the toilet with your knees bent towards your chest, and your feet on a low stool; this straightens out the rectum to enable the stool to pass more easily. Best wishes for your continued recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register