Hooo Hum | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Hooo Hum

Oh boy, 2 more days not counting today. Made two major descions (cant spell right today) about my life today. One was to cut all my hair off. Which I did. I used to have really long hair. NOw I have really short hair and I love it. I dont want to mess with my long hair after my surgery so I took the plunge. Chopped it all off. Hubby is in shock. LOL. My other descion is to change my major when I get back to school. I was going for nursing but I dont think I want to do that anymore. My big dream has always been to own my own landscaping and designing company so next semester I am going to enroll in Horticulture and Landscape Design. Hubby said he may go too.
Had one crying spell today while doing laudry. I thought "How on earth is this laudry going to stay done while I am recoving" I wont be able to climb the steps. So I started bawling like a baby. But it didnt last too long. Hubby gave me a hug and told me he would have it all under control. What a sweety. Well good luck to all you ladies going to the castle tomorrow. Will be th inking of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Hooo Hum

Good luck to you.
Just remember, the laundry isn't really that important. And if it really needs to be done, your husband can do it.
I have two teenagers and a 9 year old and they still wont get the laundry done. But, I'm just wearing lounge pants and tee shirts, they are the ones that will have to wear dirty clothes to school if they don't wash them. Husband too. Of course, I don't have much longer before I can at least walk the stairs to supervise it being done.
I have really long hair and my sister braided it before I went in for surgery. Only we forgot and used a hair band that had a metal clip on it and it had to be removed. It stayed together long enough though.
Unread 03-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Hi

Hi Ang. I have 4 teens and their idea of doing laudry is to put one load in the washer, the stuff from the washer in the dryer and the stuff in the dryer goes into a basket and on the floor back with the dirty stuff. Drives me crazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Hooo Hum

Best of luck to you nessa! And don't stress about the laundry. I am sure it won't be done quite the way we all like it done, but they will still manage to have clothes to wear!! Big courage on the hair decision! And best of all is you love it! And good luck on your new major! Sounds like something I would love to do also! I will have you in my thoughts! Christy
Unread 03-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Hooo Hum

Good for you Nessa - I bet you look darling with your new doo...and I'm glad you are going to be following your heart with career choices. Like everyone said....don't worry about the laundry - at the very worst it'll wait on ya...

Hope you have a wonderful surgery and recovery!

Blessings,
Mary
Unread 03-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Hooo Hum

Hooray for short haircuts! I got mine cut the other day and I love it. I may never grow it long again.

I've donated hair to Locks of Love in the past. One of my co-workers asked if I had donated from this haircut too, but I told her it wasn't really long enough yet. It should be six inches long. She chided me for cutting it before it long enough and I told her it was ok because I did it to get ready for surgery. She apologized and felt so bad. She's working hard to get pregnant. I couldn't adequately reassure her that I'm ok with my situation.

I'm lucky to count her among my friends. She'll be praying for me non-stop until they hear from my dad that everything went well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register