How much is too much ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How much is too much ? How much is too much ?

Unread 01-01-2009, 09:06 PM
How much is too much ?

Hello Ladies... Happy New Year !!!

Today marks day 15 for me... The last 3 days during the day, I have felt GREAT !!! (Almost normal again), but around 8pm each night, I am real sore, and get a low, burning, throbbing pain in my abdomen...& find it real hard to get to sleep without taking 1-2 percocets, and even then its a fitful sleep.
I am wondering is this normal ? I am trying to taper myself OFF the pain meds, I only have 11 left out of 30. Today all I did was 2 loads of laundry, vacuumed, and washed dishes.. And tonite I feel like someone is setting my belly on fire...When I do sleep, it's as if I can NEVER get enough sleep... I have always liked to sleep & have never had a problem in doing so, but the last week or so, I cannot seem to get more than 2-3 hours at a time... I just feel weak & sluggish all the time.. Any insights would be appreciated..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2009, 09:17 PM
How much is too much ?

Happy New Year to you BDEW66!

Isn't laundry, vacuuming and dishes doing too much for day 15? What did your doctor tell you re post op restrictions? Most people are told to do very little for the first 5-6 weeks. You may want to check this with your doctor as the problems you are having may just be from doing too much.

Take it easy and I hope you feel better soon! FarrahMichelle
Unread 01-01-2009, 09:58 PM
How much is too much ?

Vacuuming was a big no-no from doc until this past week when I was released. Something about the pushing and pulling and twisting.....not good for the abdominal area! I was told to do very little. OH and lifting the laundry basket was a no-no too. I was given a list and it pretty much coincided with the list here about what to do and not do during recovery. Good luck. Rest, you will need it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2009, 07:41 AM
how much is to much

I am 4 weeks tomorrow and I was told from the Doc. no
lifting, pulling or pushing. Iam doing light house work and
as for laundry I will put the clothes in and out but my sons
or DH has to carry the basket. The nurse told me that the
pain pills could keep me up at night so she said to take
tylenol pm an hour before I go to bed and that has realy
helped.

Dec 9. TVH,rectocele,cystocele........
Unread 01-02-2009, 08:38 AM
How much is too much ?

I had my surgery three days before you....I can't imagine doing the vacuuming....I fold the laundry but DH actually does the loading and unloading.....listen to your body. It sounds like it is telling you to sloooooow down........

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register