almost 5 weeks and it feels like 2!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

almost 5 weeks and it feels like 2!! almost 5 weeks and it feels like 2!!

Unread 10-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Re: almost 5 weeks and it feels like 2!!

Hi there. Thought I would tell you that I just came from my 5 week post op check up with my gynocologist and funnily enough he mentioned the problem your having and asked me if I get those aweful sensations around my tummy and if it bothers me to have any fabrics touching me around my incision. I only have some numbness and so I'm not having that the way you are but he went on to explain that some people do get that and it is just the nerves healing up and that it could last up to 6 months for that to go away. Of course everyone's different. But thought you'd like to know. I thought it was so funny how he brought it up and you have had trouble finding people with the same issue. So I hope that helps a little?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2009, 11:55 AM

Thank you very much...This site has really or is really helping me to listen to other people about what their going through cause i really need that right now. My body has done a major change as with any hysterectomy patient, and its really hard an frustrating an depressing for me to deal with. I almost wish i wouldn't have done it.
Unread 10-14-2009, 12:18 PM

Did you have your surgery on October 9, 2009 & you are already back at work? Your profile says that date. Remember that the 6 weeks healing period is just the initial healing. It can take 6 months to a year before you are really healed. You may be doing too much if you are already back to work & on you feet that much. Take it easy. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2009, 12:26 PM

Sorry that you are going through this. Hope you feel better soon. I am week 6 of abdominal and feel very tired (like week 3) which I thought was odd.
Unread 10-14-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luddubeauty View Post
Sorry that you are going through this. Hope you feel better soon. I am week 6 of abdominal and feel very tired (like week 3) which I thought was odd.
Just wanted to say, I also get very tired very easy and i was 6 weeks last friday. Wow, some people really heal fast. Wish it were me. I never got this tired before. Don't know what causes it but i get very tired.
Unread 10-14-2009, 12:51 PM

I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow. I had an abdominal and had no vaginal bleeding.

I felt like I should be doing more so at 4 weeks, I walked 1 mile at a faster pace on the treadmill. I'd been doing 1/2 mile slowly before that. It was a mistake. I was very sore after and did practically nothing physical for the next few days. Today I finally am not hurting again.

My incision is OK today but clearly it is affected by how much I do. My7 belly is swollen all the time except when I first get up. I've been cleared for work at 6 weeks but am only going to work 1/2 days for a while. Sitting upright for long periods is hard.
Unread 10-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Seven months, post-op

Well, the pain is gone! However, like some of you girls have mentioned, I get twinges here and there. Makes me go "hmmmm???" As soon as the doc cleared me for excersise and sex I did so gingerly.

Though I did exercise by doing stretches and sit ups (nothing major) before the op, I found that my innards were not having any of it post-op. I got swelly belly, felt much discomfort, and to lay on my side and rest alot... just felt 100 years old.

Now at seven months post I do believe I'm ready to start at least stretching again. I've become kinda flabby and it doesn't help my diminished libido. Most times during sex I'm sooooo cautious of being poked the wrong way because it kinda feels uncomfortable and sometimes I bleed, like watercolor red. SIGH. I have one ovary left and it was in hibernation for the first four months. I've since started taking Estroven and WOW!!! What a difference!!! I feel so much better physically and mentally. I just have to work on my body (baby steps!!) and hopefully it'll get my sex drive going again and then won't worry so much about busting a seam
Unread 10-14-2009, 03:34 PM

Thanks for checking with your doctor for me about these weird sensations i'm getting. At least there's a medical explanation and it's not just that i'm imagining it.

I went back to work 1.5 weeks after the surgery. The doctor didn't seem to think it was too soon but there are days I'm pretty sure that I could just curl up on my desk and take a nap. I know when I've over done it because it gets to a point where my body says "get horizontal right now".

Is anyone else find themselves wanting to have a crying jag out of nowhere? The doctor said that my ovaries were pretty bruised after the surgery so i might go through up and down emotions. I just thought it should be done by now but maybe that's unrealistic.
Unread 10-23-2009, 06:01 PM

I don't know how you have been back to work for 4 weeks already! I am at 5 weeks post-op with a TAH. I stopped bleeding about 5 days after I came home from the hospital. My stomach is still swollen and a little numb. I saw my dr today and she said it can take a couple of months for swelling to subside. It is still a little sensitive when you press on my belly. I found that rubbing cortisone cream on the incision relieves the itching. I along with my dr decided not to return to work until 8 wks. I heard too many people who had hysterectomies tell me not to rush back. I am walking and did a long walk yesterday. That really tired me out and I am sore today. I am having alot of hot flashes and find myself waking up every 2 hours. I am going to try hormone replacement, a low dose that hopefully will alleviate those symptoms. I think the trick here is slow and steady, don't rush anything!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register