back to the castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

back to the castle back to the castle

Unread 03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
back to the castle

after 10 months of pain and constant leaking my blood count is high enough for surgery again on wednesday march 17,2004. i'm having an AP repair, burch procedure, possible removal of an abscess from the hysterectomy and a colporrherea(?) anyone out there have any of these procedures? can you tell me anything about them? my doctor was vague and the nurse at the pre op told me it was same day surgery. i know he said i'd be in the castle for 2 to 10 days...... some difference..... i'm confused and alittle worried..... lusienne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2004, 11:35 PM
back to the castle

I can't imagine, with that extensive a list of procedures, that you'd be doing same-day surgery .

Did you sign a consent form at the pre-op appointment? Normally, you sign two copies, and keep one; the doctor often also has you sign consent forms. It's a definite double- and triple- check on exactly what is to occur.

Call your doctor's office in the a.m.; I would also call the pre-op unit that did your testing; and make sure that what they tell you matches what you expect. It's a little late to not know exactly how long you'd be in the hospital! A lot will depend upon how long it takes your intestines to wake up again; you may go home with a Foley from the bladder repair. But make sure with those phone calls that you AND your doctor's team are all on the same page .

Good luck with your surgery!

Audrey
Unread 03-16-2004, 05:40 PM
back to the castle

Lusienne
I don't have any experience with the procedures you are having, but wanted to stop by and let you know that I hope all goes well. You will be in my ers and I'm sending some s

Let us know how you're doing when you're up to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 08:46 AM
back to the castle

hi. i'm back from the castle. thank you all so much for you good wishes, it meant so much. i was in for 5 days and beg the doctor to release me that night because i had a fight with the night nurse (2x's) about wrong meds. when the morning nurse came in and saw me crying she aked what happened and i told her. she got the supervisor involved... i didn't want to be there when she came into work that night..... but of course i get home and i start running a temp and bleeding heavily......i've seen the doctor twice already, i have a UTI , low blood count again and he's not sure why i'm bleeding so much. i'm kinda depressed and he explained i was expecting too much and trying to do too much.. he said i had 2 surgeries worth of work in one, take it easy. thanks for all your support.lusienne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register