Hello...everyone! New to Hysterectomy!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello...everyone! New to Hysterectomy!!! Hello...everyone! New to Hysterectomy!!!

Unread 04-13-2002, 07:50 AM
Hello...everyone! New to Hysterectomy!!!

Hi all,

I have been reading some of the messages from this board for the last 2 days and I thought to myself, I MUST subscribe to this fantastic board; for all the information that I managed to get from the posts here are all soooo helpful to me! As you must have guessed, I am a new 'to be member' of the hysterectomy club! Feeling a bit scared and worried over the surgery and also feeling a lot depressed at the thought of losing my uterus at the age of 31.... I have been diagnosed with cervical fibroid the size of a large grapefruit. According to the doctor, I have to get it removed for it is affecting my bladder (difficulty in urinating) and also my kidneys. The surgery is scheduled to be in 3 months time. He is going to give me some injections to shrink the fibroid first before removing it. Anyone had the injection before? Any side effects? He is also scheduling me for an MRI. I have had a cesarean section before for my daughter, so can I expect the same amount of pain or worse? The whole thing is so frightening to me, like I am going to lose a part of myself, so sisters, please talk to me! My mum and the rest of my family is living very far away, so there is only going to be my husband (and 3 yrs old daughter) taking care of me after the surgery, so I'll be alone in the house when my husband gets back to work during my recovery period. Thanks for listening to me, and sorry for the long long message. I will so much better now that I am able to express my feeling! Bye for now and hope to hear from someone ...hongwah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 07:56 AM

Welcome to hystersisters! You will find so much information and support here! I too am only 31 and going in for a LAVH/BSO on Tuesday for adenomyosis! Even though I am very happy with this decision and can't wait to live my pain free life again, there is always that part of you that is sad about loosing your "female parts", that is normal! I only have one 8 year old son and never intended on having anymore (my DH had a Vasectomy 7 years ago), and I have two wonderful step daughters that I raised as my own, but there is still that thought in the back of my mind, that I can never have another! This site has given me so much support and positive thoughts, I could never find a more caring "family"....I am sure you will find the same! Best of luck to you and keep us posted!
Unread 04-13-2002, 08:59 AM
welcome to our family

Glad to have you here. I cant give you any insite on the injection but would love to help you get through this with lots of hugs and smiles. There are lots of ladies here who will share their experiences with you and help you on the road to recovery.

God Bless
Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 09:21 AM
Welcome

Hi Hong you have come to the right place. This is the most wonderful place for support and questions. I only found this site a couple weeks ago. And if you read one of my post about addicted. I bet in a couple of days the same will happed to you. My surgey isn't till 4/25, and as we are told so many times the wait is the hardest... I hope you find this web site as helpful as I have.
Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers.
s

Unread 04-13-2002, 09:34 AM
Hi Hongwah

Welcome to Hystersisters. We are so glad you found us and decided to post.
I know this is alot to deal with and at such a young age. But there is lot's of great information and support here. If you haven't already done so please check out the pull down menu's on the home page. Lot's of wonderful suggestions for dealing with pre and post op issues.
I did not have a C section. From what I have read this can take longer to recover from. It may be easier though in that you are not caring for a newborn (or lifting one) at the same time.
I don't know about the injections either. But someone may come along who does.
Keep reading and posting. We are here for you.
Unread 04-13-2002, 09:44 AM
Lupron, I'm only guessing

Hello and a HUGE WELCOME!!

You will certainly love this site - in order to get the most out of it, give as much detail as you can - as far as shots, is he giving you Lupron? PLEASE gather as much info as you can on Lupron. And ask him WHY you have to have it - since you need surgery any way, why does he want you on the shots? Do a search on here for Lupron - you'll find A LOT of information. I turned it down, it's a personal decision but I did NOT want the side effects, etc.

Once again, welcome. This is such a wonderful support group and we'll help you all the way. Click on the three sisters in the upper right corner and you go to a FAQ kinda place. You'll find everything you need here.
Unread 04-13-2002, 11:01 AM

Hi...My surgery is scheduled for April 26th and am also glad I have found this sight. It has been so comforting and helpful. I have also met someone through the site that lives in my area, and we correspond pretty regular now. Good luck on your upcoming surgery and the more you visit Hyster Sisters the more you will learn. The support here is unlike any I have seen anywhere else.
Unread 04-13-2002, 11:45 AM
Welcome

Hello Hongwah...welcome to this great site. Ask all your questions here, because someone is bound to have an answer. I just got out of the hopsital 7 days ago. It's great once it's over. Read as much as you can and ask a zillion questions, and there is no silly question. We're here for you. Take care.
Unread 04-13-2002, 03:15 PM
Thanks!!!

I am sooo grateful to everyone here for the responses! Thank you! I feel so much better just knowing that I am not alone in this and the HUGS works wonders too!!!! I think that the shots are called GNRH (I am from UK) and should do the same thing as Lupron. I will ask the doctor for more information. Its just that at the consultation the other day, just hearing the word hysterectomy and surgery makes me lost all reasonable thoughts in my mind and I felt numb all over. I was rather upset but the doctor was nice though. He tried to explain everything but I guessed that I was just not ready to listen at that time. He gave me a few options, a) not doing anything for now but have to get a procedure done where they will do a local and scrape the womb and test for cancer (b) hysterectomy (c) UAE. Since my stomach is getting bigger and heavier everyday, I can't go with (a) and (c) is not my option for my own personal reasons (the thought of letting the BIG fibroid rot inside me for several months is too scary with high risks of infection etc), so its only (b) for me. I don't really know what is it that its making me feel so sad and worried...the surgery? pain? losing my uterus??? or...not being able to have another child??? My husband has been very supportive though and now that I have the support of all you 'sisters' I will be OK...I know!!! It will just take a while to get used to the idea and I will have to wait for 3 months. I think the dr. mentioned that teh shots are to shrink the fibroid and the blood vessels to prevent excessive blood lost during the surgery. I will certainly ask about and read about the side effects as well. Thanks for the caution! Have a great weekend!!! Love hongwah.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register