Still bleeding at 5 weeks post-op ! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still bleeding at 5 weeks post-op ! Still bleeding at 5 weeks post-op !

Unread 06-15-2008, 07:35 AM
Still bleeding at 5 weeks post-op !

Sho shai, I don't know if it is related to the grass pulling but I would call your doctor to see what he/she thinks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2008, 04:07 PM

Thank you m4849. I'll talk to my doctor tomorrow and see what he says.

Sho Shai
TAH 4-23-08
Unread 06-15-2008, 05:04 PM

Hi KJbern
I had my LAVH on the 22 of May and bleed lightly and brownish until I was almost at 3 weeks and I started to get a lot of Red blood for a couple days
I called the Doctor and she said it sounded like a Hematoma and not to worry they were very common and she made me a appointment for the 19th to go in and have it scooped out. She said it was like a fluffy scar. The next day I passed a very big clot that scared me so I called back and was told that was normal it was probably all or part of the Hematoma coming out. Since I passed the clot my bleeding has slowed back down to spotting.
They did make sure I wasnt running a fever or in pain which I wasnt. Hope my story helps to calm you and you can get some rest tonight and call your doctor in the morning. If you are in a lot of pain or running a fever I would go to the ER and not wait. Let us know how you are.
Unread 06-16-2008, 08:13 AM

Thanks so much Seabrezz! Your story did calm me. I passed a total of 3 small to medium clots over the weekend, and like you, my bleeding slowed down to light bleeding/spotting afterwards. I had no fever, and no incremental pain (beyond the regular). I'm seeing my doctor in two days for my 2nd post-op so I will let her know about the clotting then. I had started bleeding at the time I went for my 1st post-op and she too said it was likely a hematoma, but had warned me at that time about clotting - so that's what scared me. She probably meant heavy bleeding and lots of clotting, which it didn't get to, thankfully. I'll let you know how things go after I see her. I haven't heard about it needing to be 'scooped out', though. Let us know what that is about...

thanks again!
Unread 06-16-2008, 02:22 PM

KJbern I'm glad your bleeding is slowing down it's scary when you don't know why. I'm wondering if I even need to go in now that my bleeding has slowed way down, I think all she was going to do is scoop the clot out and I got rid of it on my own. I'll have to call and see what she says. Hope your 2nd post op goes well, let us know!
Unread 06-16-2008, 06:06 PM

I talked to my doctor today and he said to come in if this happens again, but he said it is not abnormal even after 7 weeks post op.

Sho shai
Unread 06-18-2008, 04:06 PM

Well, I saw my surgeon today and she seemed concerned that I was still bleeding. She said I shouldn't be bleeding for 3 weeks considering I still had my cervix. (which was my original question on this thread - but so many of you women who still have their cervixes (cervii?) did bleed and your docs have said it was normal...) So I'm confused - and frustrated. Also, she felt 'something' behind my cervix - could be a hematoma, she said but she wants to do an ultrasound to see what it is. So even though I was supposed to return to work next week, she doesn't want me to until this is resolved. Maybe she is just being ultra-cautious, but I am so worried that I have something that is open and bleeding and I will need more surgery.... Anything similar from anyone?

kjbern
Unread 06-18-2008, 09:06 PM

kjbern,
I am sorry to hear that your doctor is concerned. Like I said in my previous posts, my doctor wasn't but I guess each of is different. After the 6th week I hadn't had any more bleeding whatsoever. I didn't go back to work for 8 wks and I am really glad I took all that time off. So, although it is difficult on the pocketbook, our bodies need that time to heal.
I wish you all the best!
m4849
Unread 06-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Bleeding at 6 weeks

I am very discouraged! Still spotting despite a silver nitrate treatment at 5 weeks. Want to get back to sex, running, not thinking about vaginal discharge every waking minute! Afraid that any activity will cause more. I'm going back to the Dr tomorrow for another treatment. My husband and I leave for Aruba next week for our anniversary. I can't even get excited about it as I am fearful that I will still be out of commission or that this problem will return. Thanks for letting me whine!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register