do I expect to much from my body | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

do I expect to much from my body do I expect to much from my body

Unread 07-06-2008, 02:05 PM
do I expect to much from my body

hello all
I would like to hear from other ladies who had a vaginal hysterectomy around june 17. I'm new to this site and I don't think I'm doing very well on it but I am so glad I found the site it is nice to know what other people experience. My doctor says most people are able to get back to a normal life by about 4 wks after a vaginal hysterectomy I'm into my 3rd. wk and I feel like crap most of the time. I still have pain sometimes dull sometimes stabbing, it still hurts when I pee and I take stool softeners and milk of mag. just to be have a b.m. I get so tired for doing nothing. I went into this with a low blood count 8.2 and low feratin4 I've been anemic for years, I was doctoring for digestive problems my periods were not heavy at the time. I had 4 iron infusions in Feb. then my next period was so heavy it is ironic that I finally get my blood count up and then this happens so anyway then I was sent to obgyn and she set me up for lap. sergury to see what was going on and she did a dnc and a hysteroscopy at the same time she found nothing. I bled for 16 days after that then about a wk. after I stopped bleeding it was time for my period and I really thought I was going to bleed to death I would wake up in a pool of blood anyway I had my hysterectomy a wk. after my period and here I am not sure I made the right decision but then again I had no choice. I would really like to hear from anyone who might be able so relate to my situation I know no one in my life who has been through this and it would be nice to have someone to talk to. I'm 44 have 3 adult children and have the best husband in the world I would not be able to get through this without him. but they can not underatand all that happens to you when you go through this. thank you for reading this I know it is long.God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2008, 02:48 PM

I'm sorry you feel so bad. I was anemic in Feb. I had to go to a blood doctor who prescribed ferrous sulfate(a kind of iron). A few months later it went up to 14.4 from 8.5. I'm still on it. The best thing is I'm not bleeding anymore.
Jan

partial hyst
5/22
Unread 07-06-2008, 07:03 PM

north pole-
I totally understand the tired of being tired feeling. I have had low ferritin levels for about 6 years now. For different reasons but the feeling is the same.
You said you get so tired of "doing nothing". Think of it this way: low iron means less oxygen in the blood stream so your body has to work harder. Your body has been through a lot of trauma in a short period of time. It can take awhile for iron levels to work their way up again. Your body is trying to heal from surgery. Your hormones are probably out of whack, too, which can also make you tired. Sounds to me like you are doing very well, considering.
I didn't have all the problems before my hyst that you did and it took me every bit of six weeks before I started feeling semi-normal. Please just lean on that wonderful family of yours and take your time to heal properly. Do what you can to help them understand, but ultimately you need to listen to your body and just do what you feel you need to do. It's your turn to think about you. And it's OKAY to do that!
We are here for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2008, 08:09 AM

Hi North Pole! I had LAVH June 18th. I am conscious of my belly all the time. I am generally ok to move around, but I have to be careful. I went shopping this weekend and was dead tired and VERY sore when I got home. Today will be a "stay at home, lying down" type day.

My mind is ready for me to get up and do stuff, but my body keeps insisting that I lay down and be idle. It is driving me bonkers.

I hope you are feeling better soon!
Unread 07-07-2008, 11:49 AM

Hello,

I had a TVH on June 16th and I feel for you. I had a D&C and hysteroscopy back in february and they found nothing but found a poylp and fibroid during the surgery. I too am very tired most days especially after doing something even the littlest of something. I have stabbing pains sometimes and sneezing still hurts a lot so I think/hope what we are going through is normal. Sometimes my insides (what's left anyway) feel like they are falling out when I stand up. My legs go numb real easy if I sit too long. My hormones too are out of wack and that doesn't help. I have IBS so I was real regular starting the day I came home from the castle and now things have started to change and things are more difficult and much more pain right before bm's. Not constipation really but not normal for me. Hang in there and like everyone keeps telling me - don't push yourself. Your body knows and will tell you. If you are like me you start to go back to normal routines b'cuz you are feeling better and then pay for it. Hang in there and just take it easy. Best wishes to you and all.
Unread 07-07-2008, 12:32 PM

Hi there
It is nice to hear from someone that has some of the problems I do. I all so have ibs only I always have trouble going so it has just got worse with the hysterectomy.Are you anemic as well? I leave in about 1 hour for my doctors appt. can't wait to see what she says. I am so thankfull that I found this site, no one knows how you feel unless they are going through it to. Thanks to all for the kind words, you really are a blessing to me.
Unread 07-07-2008, 02:26 PM

Hello North Pole,

Please post after your appt to let us know what your doc says. I am no longer anemic. I was very anemic when and after my son was born. I had a condition called PICA where you have an obsession/need to eat something uncommon. Luckily my obession was ice. I ate it constantly. I always thought IBS allowed you to go easily and frequently. I never knew it oculd go the other way. I figured after the surgery I wouldn't have any trouble - and I didn't. When things started to change I started to get a little worried. It appears to be getting back to normal now though but the feelings I get when I have to go are totally different and in a much lower area then before. They say that your bowels drop into the empty spot so who knows. I don't see the doc until the 6 week point so you are fortunate to be able to ask questions now. Again, please post as to weather or not what you are expierencing is normal or not - hopfully it is. Good luck to you and will wait for your next post. Take care of yourself!
Unread 07-07-2008, 05:07 PM

Hi, North Pole! I had my surgery on June 17 as well! I can really relate to your post. I too am having the "sleepy bowel" issues and pain on urination that is lessening with time. I was also not really prepared for the length of recovery time and the way I was going to feel and all the things that were going to happen. It took a few days to really sink in that I wasn't going to be able to hop up and feel wonderful. And I have to go back to work a week from today -- no choice. I hope you are getting more rest than I am!

Also, remember that there are emotional struggles, too. Give yourself time and pamper yourself. I know I am, now that I'm figuring it all out, at least.

Hope you feel better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register